Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Just wait for the release of ps4, Sony will not care that even PS3 existed.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    but its still legal to downgrade to 3.55 OFW right?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    the red head may have fd it up. they shoulda kept rudd. imagine what that rock ape abbott will do. as fellow aussies we need to all unite and get rid of the english system and have a republic of australia i think, and governed by a society of mensa like people. not any idiot from a system thats failed and outdated.

off topic boss but why does every second to fifth post i make need to be approved by a moderator before it will be visible. i am a moderator.. LOL i am just wondering thats all. all the posts seem fine to me. i've toned my "obscene" language to 1% by using sid and fn etc.

i am the bad boy of the ps3 mod group. LOL is it the vbuletitin or something or am i just a paranoid freak.. LMAO!!

Quote Originally Posted by elser1 View Post
    off topic boss but why does every second to fifth post i make need to be approved by a moderator before it will be visible. i am a moderator.. LOL i am just wondering thats all. all the posts seem fine to me. i've toned my "obscene" language to 1% by using sid and fn etc.
    It's because we use a "trigger word system" here, so even harmless words like "credit" (as in credit cards) or the AT symbol (@) get flagged to the queue as that is often abused by spammers who include their e-mails with that character in spam posts on forums. Shhh now!

I find it odd that they point to a lack of PS3 homebrew as proof that hackers are only in it for the piracy and not for running their own apps. Clearly the need to illegally circumvent the console's protections turns away a lot of potential develops.

In fact, we all know there are developers out there that keep their findings to themselves so that they aren't at risk of a lawsuit. Maybe more scientific uses of the PS3 would surface if organizations weren't blocked by ridiculous laws. The Register should have recognized these facts and granted a 1 year trial exemption to see what effect it had, rather than rejecting it outright.

Another thing I found annoying is that Sony's legal team apparently continues to rewrite the past when talking about the PS3 scene. Other OS was removed from the Slim consoles prior to the first hack surfacing. The original Fat consoles had been discontinued making it impossible for anyone to run Linux on a newly purchased console. This is what brought on the first hack and Sony retaliated by retroactively removing Other OS support from all Fat PS3s.

I'm certain that had they offered Other OS on the Slim consoles, the PS3 scene would be much different than it is today. The removal of Other OS necessitated the breaking of the PS3's security. This is evidenced by simply looking at the 4 years of development prior to the removal.

If we have latest spoofer installed on cfw ps3 and we do no use cheats online and carefully signing in or out is done, no one can find its jailbroken.

The second you launch any app its recorded and sent to $ony. They track EVERYTHING you do so they know. They know MultiMan is called BLES80608 so they will flag your console everytime BLES80608 is ran.

When the next banwave comes along guess what...

thats why i'll wait and see what happens before going onto psn with my other console. i don't need psn on jb anyway. i own too many games as it is. 64 disc games and over 100 psn bought games to finish. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by StanSmith View Post
    The second you launch any app its recorded and sent to $ony. They track EVERYTHING you do so they know. They know MultiMan is called BLES80608 so they will flag your console everytime BLES80608 is ran.

When the next banwave comes along guess what...
    Thats why sir i sign out when using multiman or any other app. i sign in for games only.

So basically they don't want to exempt the PS3 because they consider piracy on a game console more damaging than on a smartphone.

So it's ok to pirate a handful of 5$ apps. Just not a handful of 60$ console games.

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News