Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

LG Wins Injunction Against Sony, PS3 European Shipments Seized

Sponsored Links
    As a follow-up to our previous article, today the civil court of justice in the Hague has granted LG a preliminary injunction that will see all new PlayStation 3 consoles imported into Europe confiscated by customs for at least ten days leaving only a few weeks worth of PS3 stock left in the channel.

To quote from MCVUK: "Shipments of PS3 consoles have been seized by European customs officers as an LG injunction against Blu-ray technology seeks to block Sony products from sale, according to a report in The Guardian this afternoon.

Earlier this month, LG had filed a claim with the International Trade Commission calling for a block on PS3 sales, saying the device infringes on its copyrights.

The technology firm claims its rival's Blu-ray disc devices use four patented technologies while, Bravia TVs infringe another four.

At the time, the firm said it wanted to have sales of the PS3 (which plays Blu-rays) and other products banned.

And now, surprisingly, its got its way. The Guardian reports that an initial injunction has now been granted by the civil court of justice in the Hague, leading to all new imports of PS3s to be confiscated."

All I can say is hahahaha owned

LG Wins Injunction Against Sony, PS3 European Shipments Seized

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Moved to the main page now, and +Rep to maxdb1984 for the news. I also nuked a few useless replies, please ensure posts meet our quality guidelines guys.

Sponsored Links

Big Grin

Sponsored Links
    Sony is getting a nice lube job!

I <3 lg.

Registered User jonnyfalconetti's Avatar
    awesome

not the best time for sony.

What goes around... comes around.

What happens now, we already own a ps3, and were all does this mean they can't be sold?

This is what $ony deserves, they did the same thing what we did, copyright infringement.

Ah, first I wanted to boycot the Sony TV which I was about to buy, and go for a Philips.

But now I will buy a LG TV. <3

Oh irony. So great.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News