Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Koller: No PS3 Slim Backwards Compatibility, Upgradeable HDD

Sponsored Links
    GamePro (linked above) has done an interview with SCEA Marketing Boss John Koller covering the new PS3 Slim console.

During the interview, Koller revealed that there is currently no PS3 Slim backwards compatibility, however, the PS3 Slim HDD is upgradeable.

To quote: "GP: This is a question a lot of our readers have had... They're wondering, will the PS3 Slim support Backwards Compatibility?

Koller: No, it won't, actually. Backwards Compatibility plans [are] actually off the table. But, we've noticed [not only] in all of our research, but [also] broadly speaking, we're in our third year now and most of the consumers that purchase the PS3 are purchasing it for PlayStation 3 games.

GP: Will you still be able to swap out the internal hard drive?

Koller: You will. We actually actively encourage that, for consumers that want to. The hard drive bay has moved from the side to the front, so it's a simple two-screw process. You can unscrew it and put the new Terrabyte model or whatever you like in. Absolutely."

Koller: No PS3 Slim Backwards Compatibility, Upgradeable HDD

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    well i guess most of them are purchasing PS3 games for the PS3 because there is no Backwards compatibility any more !!!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Koller: No, it won't, actually. Backwards Compatibility plans [are] actually off the table. But, we've noticed [not only] in all of our research, but [also] broadly speaking, we're in our third year now and most of the consumers that purchase the PS3 are purchasing it for PlayStation 3 games.
    What a douche

Clearly educated people wouldn't buy a current model or even remotely current model to play PS2 games. they actually researched that...

lol, I was thinking people bought the PS3 to play there ps1 games. Iīm glad there research proved me wrong. PS3 for ps3 games. Now why didnīt I think of that?

So what about the ps2 user base. I guess theyīre not interested in all the potentional ps2 buyers that would move up to the ps3 if it had BC.

Sure, I know they still keep ps2 sales going this way but IMO, itīs time to let that console go. Itīs had itīs 10 yrs (I think). They still have their portable consoles. If they brought ps2 BC to the ps3, they could consolidate the user base for the 2 consoles. We now have the slim and a competive price, If they had added BC, it would have been a win-win situation.

Well we can still hope for BC one day, maybe when the ps2 finally dies down.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News