Today Killzone 3 PS3 patch version 1.09 has been released, and although the changelog (below) contains many fixes the update's EBOOT.BIN game executable is also encrypted with 3.60 Firmware PS3 Keys meaning those who update won't be able to run it on PlayStation 3 Custom Firmware.
If you are running PS3 CFW and remain on the Killzone (BCES-01007) 1.08 patch or below you will still be able to play the game fine though.
Below is the Killzone 3 PS3 Patch 1.09 http://community.killzone.com/t5/Announcements-Events/Patch-1-09-patch-notes-and-date/td-p/1025921 from Guerrilla Games PlayStation 3 Developer LevTrin12, to quote:
• Added Colour blind support – When turned ‘On’ all enemy players and objects will be underlined. This is the case for the minimap and in-game, such as player names.
• Frozen Dam – Operations – The first mission in is now 6 minutes again
• Move - Fixed continuous rumble when the PlayStation Eye camera connected
• Move - When interacting with a Search & Destroy objective the player will no longer also do a melee
• Junkyard - Players can no longer get in an Exoskeleton while using a Jetpack
• Blood Gracht – Fixed a hang when the Recon ability was used
• Fixed a bug where the clan rating decreased after the clan had won a Warzone tournament game
• Fixed a hang on the joining screen after the player was kicked (or quit) a game
• Clans – Fixed an issue where all users received the error 2- (scores cannot be processed) when entering a Guerrilla Warfare match
• Fixed a crash when connecting to a custom Warzone game
• Fixed a hang when a player with DLC sets up a custom game to start on a DLC map, transfers the leadership to a non-DLC user and this new leader attempts to start the game
• Fixed a 10006 network error when joining a Guerrilla Warfare game
• Fixed various collision issues on DLC maps
• Frozen Dam - Warzone - Fixed a spot where players could get stuck behind an ammo crate and an oil drum near the Dam tactical spawn point.
• Accepting a squad invite from the opposing faction will no longer quit the game.
• Corinth River - Botzone – Fixed an issue with Bots falling through the map
• Corinth River - Botzone – Fixed a crash in Botzone
• Blood Gracht - Fixed a spot where players can get out of the map
• MAWLR Graveyard - Operations - Fixed a spot where players can get out of the map during the second objective that should only be accessible once the objective is completed.
• Salamun Market – Fixed a spot where, using an Exoskeleton, the player could escape the confines of the map
• Bilgarsk Boulevard - Fixed a spot where players can get out of the map
• Stahl Arms – Fixed ISA members accessing the Helghast base without being seen by turrets
• Players now get the XP they earned after getting kicked from a game
• Expanded the information about the Multiplayer status of a friend in the XMB. It will now show the game mode and the map that the player is in.
• In some cases players would still experience Scoreboard flickering. This has been fixed
• Silent Footsteps icon is now properly visible in game
• Fixed an issue with Clan Leaderboards after switching clans
• Small Localization fixes
• Updates to loading screens
• Clan Tag now updates properly after disbanding a clan
• Campaign - Elite emblem now updates properly
• Fixed a network error when downloading DLC via the main menu 'Downloadable Content' option
• Fixed various graphical glitches on DLC maps
• Fixed an issue with the Search and Retrieve object for the Marksman when cloaked
• Retro Pack – Fixed an issue with the minimap
• Stahl Arms – Fixed an animation problem for players standing on top of the mechanical welding arm. They moved unrealistically when observed by other players
yeah but online players will be forced to update to connect. Whatever, pretty sure everyone knew online was never going to last for CFW. If you're planning on playing online you shouldn't be using CFW and if you're not going online just don't update
I doubt, there was many (if even any) online players with CFW anyway before this patch (Meaning indeed since 3.56 / 3.60 FWs)
Frankly, for existing games the "fix" is easy - simply don't update beyond the 3.60 encrypted patch - most of the fixes and additions are for the online play anyway and as you're most likely not using online it shouldn't really bother you.
I don't know about you but I think that it was rather kind of sony to include the 3.60 keys. that way hackers can decrypt them and use them to modify newer eboots for us to run backups with kmeaw haha.