Today the Killzone 3 PS3 patch v1.04 update has gone live via PSN, which includes several bug fixes detailed below courtesy of Guerrilla Games alongside some new features for PlayStation 3 gamers to take advantage of.
To quote: CHANGES & NEW FUNCTIONALITY
- Network - Lag fixes and fixes for network errors 10002, 8001 and 8013
- Gameplay - Players now have more stamina by default. Sprint length is increased but the recharge timer has been adjusted to compensate
- Gameplay - Mortally wounded players no longer have collision. Alive players should now be able to traverse the levels without getting stuck on mortally wounded players
- Gameplay - Medic's revive cool-down reduced from 25 to 10 seconds
- Gameplay - Increased range from where friendly players can be revived - player can be revived from 20 meters now
- Gameplay - Guerrilla Warfare games now last 15 minutes and it takes 100 kills instead of 50 to win
- Performance - Improvements to party creation server load
- Menu - Show envelope icon to indicate that player has received message
- Menu - Rewards panel in post game screen now auto-scrolls
- Menu - Botzone is now paused when player goes to start menu
- Menu - Single click squad invite
- Menu - Enhanced idle detection code in menu, the player isn't spawned if he's still pressing buttons
- Security - Several security, anti hack and cheat fixes
- Stability - Fix for an occasional crash bug when in the Credits screen and transitioning straight into Multiplayer via a Invite
- Stability - Fix for potential hang when players migrate between maps
- Gameplay - Player can retain crouched collision after deploying jetpack
- Gameplay - The Assassination Executioner medals only count Deadly Assassin kills, not Executioner kills
- Gameplay - Cloak kills with weapons that break cloak now count towards medal for Cloak levels 1 and 2.
- Gameplay - Global - Medic's Triage droids now disappear when player quits out of game
- Gameplay - Cloak/Disguise cannot be removed manually by accident anymore
- Gameplay - Fix for rumble in Exo being over-powered and out of sync
- Gameplay - Fix for Silent Footsteps remaining active after choosing other skill and removed from the personal stats menu
- Exploit - Akmir Snowdrift - Player can reach the boat by using an ammo box to exit the intended boundaries
- Functionality - Disc eject now handled more gracefully
- Trophies - DLC 1 'Little Big Weapons' Trophy does now counts rocket launcher and StA2
- Clan functionality - Fix for player quitting and re-joining a tournament, they may re-enter a tournament alone.
- Menu - Find game - Operations - Mode description - Spelling issue fixed
- Menu - Friends: Fix for Clan tags being displayed for a max of nine players despite the number of player that are in the clan
- Menu - Fix for incorrect message given when attempting to join a Clan Game that an online friend is taking place in
- Menu - Spawn-screen - Fix for when the extra Primary Weapon skill is equipped, the weapon description goes out of sync
- Menu - Accolades do now show subsequently
- Menu - When receiving a squad invite from a player in another match, there is now a warning that the player will leave his current game.
- Menu - Scramble detailed range and in-game range now match properly
- Menu - The Spot and Mark description in the unlock menu is now correct
- Menu - Fix for when the player presses the SQUARE button when a player that is in their game is highlighted in the squad lobby menu they receive the message 'You cannot join a play that is not in a game.'
- Menu - Turn off animations for the squad list to avoid it becoming unreadable every time a rebuild occurs when voice chat is activated
- Menu - Fix for when trying to join a friend without the required DLC pack, the message will tell the player they are part of a squad.
- Menu - Fix for the message informing the player they are attempting to join a DLC game without the required DLC content installed reading better
- Menu - Increased Accuracy & Faster Reload Ribbons now update in the personal statistics screen.
More PlayStation 3 News