Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Killzone 2 (PS3) Vs Crysis (PC): Screenshot Graphics Comparison

Sponsored Links
    If there ever was a graphical battle to be fought between two titanous games, I don't think it would get any bigger than this.

Now many of you would presume that Crysis is two years old in comparison to KillZone 2, and that perhaps this is an uneven comparison in favor of KillZone 2. In actuality, it's the other way around.

You see, Crysis, at first, almost looks like it could wipe the floor with KZ2. But then in some shots they almost look very much alike. Now you can yell shenanigans from here to Rovigo, but it doesn't change the fact that Crysis is still one kick-butt powerhouse when it comes to graphical presentation. Especially considering that the first KillZone 2 screenshot is a promotional shot from Sony.

In comparison, Crysis maintains a very smooth, airy look to its atmosphere. The clarity presented in both the gameplay and the screenshots are very much consistent. KillZone 2, alternatively, is grimey and dirty. But that's not what makes it look less appealing.

It's the fact that the colors are all variants of a grey-scheme palette. In a way, everything looks like metal; wood looks like metal; dirt looks like metal; blood even looks like dirty metal. That's not to say that it doesn't look good, it's just that everything looks like it was dipped in a coating of dirty, filthy metal.

When it comes to the weapons and character models, I think KillZone 2 wins out by a dinkle bit. As you can see, KZ2 maintains some excellent detail that completely forgoes the use of parallax textures on the weapons, and just goes straight for the actual geometric indentations and crevices. Nice. Crysis isn't too far behind, though, but the lacking originality in some of the weapons does seem to stand out given the game's super-sharp look.

Now once you get done drooling, fanboy debating and drooling some more, feel free to vote on which game looks better in your eyes.

Crysis is already out and available for PC, along with its expansion pack Crysis: Warhead. KillZone 2 is coming out exclusively for the PlayStation 3 in February. Check out the rest of the comparison pics linked above!

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

Link?

Sponsored Links
    Sorry. Can't find a link... Where are those pics located?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrink View Post
    Sorry. Can't find a link... Where are those pics located?
    Sorry, I got it. You may not read the whole news to see the link. You have to stay on the main page. Somehow confusing but it works.
    Last edited by Shrink; 01-17-2009 at 04:50 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    killzone 2 looks better I think..

Hardly an achievement, because even maxed out Crysis looks like crap, its a poorly coded game.

Quote Originally Posted by D3M0N2009 View Post
    Hardly an achievement, because even maxed out Crysis looks like crap, its a poorly coded game.
    I disagree, Crysis is a really expansive game and has some of the best physics I have ever seen (you can look for some *barrel* examples on youtube if you would like to see).

Killzone is a more linear shooter and definitely wins hands down when it comes to artistic direction (the best I have ever seen in a video game) and animation (Crysis doesn't even have a consistent style). Honestly though, this should be expected considering the huge gap between a high range pc and console.

i seriously would like to see some more pics... not that it matters much, KZ2 is awesomeness in a bag.

I need something to tide me over until COD6:MW2. Perhaps this is it?

i love crysis, but i'm waiting for kz2.

a video would of been nice , looks crazy tho!

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News