Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

PS3 Square Button Joust Rides onto the PlayStation Network

Sponsored Links
    May 23, 2007 - PlayStation 3 owners can relive the glory days of the arcade cabinet when [Register or Login to view links] launches on the PlayStation Network tomorrow afternoon as part of the Sony's latest wave of downloadable content for the big black box.

Originally released in 1982, Joust casts players as an ostrich-bound knight battling lava trolls, pterodactyls and hordes of enemy jousters. The Midway title will keep the classic platforming action and add an online multiplayer mode and leaderboards to track scores.

[Register or Login to view links]
    Bring it on ... again.

Look for Joust to carry a $4.99 price tag.

Thanks to [Register or Login to view links] for sharing the news with us!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hopefully they didn't emulate the version with the unlimited pterodactyl glitch, or the leaderboards will be out of control.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I still can't figure out why sony and other developers are actually getting these crappy games ported. Qbert, Joust? Give me a F'n break. I mean sure they were hits back then but $4.99 still ain't worth it. They should be porting games like Alien vs. Predator, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, Wrestlefest, etc. Games from the early 90s to mid 90s.

Normally I would stick up for Sony here (since I'm a fan of the older 80's games vs ones from the 90's) but honestly, they have already ran flawless in MAME for the past 20+ years [MAME was first released on February 5th, 1997] so why bother porting and paying for them on the PS3.

True, but I couldn't resist the idea of MK2 online matchups... but I agree they should have stayed that course with more 90s games... or at least offer some of the older classics for lower prices and/or in multi-game bundles.

So far I've bought Calling All Cars, Tekken 5, and MK2. The rest... meh.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News