Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Iron Man Soars onto Blu-ray; Full Details and Cover Art

Sponsored Links
    Paramount Home Entertainment has finally unwrapped the details to Iron Man's Blu-ray arrival previously confirmed for September 30.

Iron Man will be presented as an Ultimate Edition two-disc set on Blu-ray in widescreen 1080p video and 5.1 Dolby TrueHD audio.

Blu-ray owners will benefit from several supplemental features that won't be found on the single or two-disc DVD sets. "Hall of Armor" will let reviewers zoon in on and study the three Iron Man suits or Iron Monger, then activate a 3-D weapons schematic to see what each suit is packing in terms of firepower.

Also exclusive to Blu-ray is Iron Man IQ, a BD-Live feature allowing viewers to create their own custom multiple-choice questions based on clips from the film and then share them as a working test with friends online.

The full list of over four-hours of bonus features is as follows, most of which is presented in HD.

Disc 1:

-- Hall of Armor (Blu-ray exclusive)
    -- The Invincible Iron Man (HD)
    -- Origins
    -- Friends & Foes
    -- The Definitive Iron Man
    -- Demon in a Bottle
    -- Extremis and Beyond
    -- Ultimate Iron Man
    -- Deleted/Extended Scenes (HD)
    -- BD Live: Iron Man IQ (Blu-ray exclusive)

Disc 2:

-- I Am Iron Man (HD)
    -- The Journey Begins
    -- The Suit that makes the Iron Man
    -- The Walk of Destruction
    -- Grounded In Reality
    -- Beneath the Armor
    -- It's All in the Details
    -- A Good Story, Well Told
    -- Wired: The Visual Effects of Iron Man (HD)
    -- Robert Downey Jr. Screen Test (HD)
    -- The Actor's Process (scene rehearsal with cast) (HD)
    -- The Onion "Wildly Popular Iron Man Trailer to be Adapted into Full Length Film" (HD)
    -- Theatrical Trailers (HD)
    -- Image Galleries

Iron Man: Ultimate Edition will carry an SRP of $39.99.

Iron Man Soars onto Blu-ray; Full Details and Cover Art

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    For me this spells another spoiled studio that wants $40 bucks for a freaking movie. Get real, the features are really nice and the movie is very good, but how do you want to combat piracy this way? I was really looking forward to getting a copy but $40 not a chance.

$20 for a DVD and $30 for a bluray sounds okay, but 40 I will pass this time.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well it is two blu ray discs worth of content that is alot of content. However I would hope a regular edition blu ray would come out as well, since this is the ultimate edition. Does anyone know if this is the only version of blu ray iron man?

Quote Originally Posted by omar8503 View Post
    Well it is two blu ray discs worth of content that is alot of content. However I would hope a regular edition blu ray would come out as well, since this is the ultimate edition. Does anyone know if this is the only version of blu ray iron man?
    Its only 1 Bluray disc and if you buy it on dvd its a 2 dvd release, and the bluray has the sames as the 2 dvd release plus 2 more features. I agree the content is a lot but not worth $40 for me.

i don't really care for extras for movies, so i'll probally just rent it from netflix

yeah netflix ftw, movies jumping up in the $40 range is almost scary...paying $60 a pop for games is already pretty high when you consider the amount of entertainment / playtime you get out of some of them, and movies people tend to only watch once, sometimes a few times.

On amazon the price is currently $30

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News