- InFamous (May, 2009) - 176K first week
- Resistance (Nov., 2006) - 42K first week
- Motorstorm (March, 2007) - 107K first week
- Warhawk (August, 2007) - 70K first week
- Lair (August, 2007) - 69K first week
- Heavenly Sword (Sept., 2007) - 75K first week
- Uncharted (Nov., 2007) - 32K first week
- Haze (May, 2008) - 91K first week
- LittleBigPlanet (October, 2008) - 110K first week
To quote: Of course, established IPs have sold quite a bit more in their first week. Metal Gear Solid 4 sold upwards of 400,000 units, while established first party IPs such as Killzone 2 and Resistance 2 both sold close to 300,000 units in their debut.
A trailer before the opening weekend of Terminator Salvation, and there definitely were TV ads - I almost fell out of my chair when I saw one. No, Sony did a lot more promotion of this one than they usually do.
I'm glad inFamous is getting good sales, it deserves it. Hope it has legs...