Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Also, the HD-DVD addon for xbox 360 cannot be used for games. So there's another reason why it's pretty useless. I'm sure many people are willing to shell out $199 for an addon. Yeah, I bet.

It's better (usually) for things to come standard on a console then to be sold seperately as an addon.

For example. Game developers are probably not going to develop a HD-DVD game because it's not standard on the system. If they decide to actually go through and make one, they'll be loosing revenue potential because only a small percentage of x360 owners will even have the ability to play the game. No one is going to want to develop something if they can't get it to as manny people as possible.

It's the same problem with the x360's hdd. It doesn't come standard (the core has no HDD) so developers are hesitant to develop games that rely on the HDD for caching and things of that nature. I've actually heard some publishers say they felt limited by the 360's lack of a standard HDD.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman View Post
    Also, the HD-DVD addon for xbox 360 cannot be used for games. So there's another reason why it's pretty useless. I'm sure many people are willing to shell out $199 for an addon. Yeah, I bet.

It's better (usually) for things to come standard on a console then to be sold seperately as an addon.

For example. Game developers are probably not going to develop a HD-DVD game because it's not standard on the system. If they decide to actually go through and make one, they'll be loosing revenue potential because only a small percentage of x360 owners will even have the ability to play the game. No one is going to want to develop something if they can't get it to as manny people as possible.

It's the same problem with the x360's hdd. It doesn't come standard (the core has no HDD) so developers are hesitant to develop games that rely on the HDD for caching and things of that nature. I've actually heard some publishers say they felt limited by the 360's lack of a standard HDD.
    They're probably not going to do it, because M$ didn't design it for games. M$ flat out said it would be used for movies only. The companies don't get boned over this, the people who want to play new games will. They wont be making the same game twice (obviously it will be alot different on HD-DVD medium due to the higher boundaries) and people will end up buying games their systems cant play or they will want games that require the addon that they might not be able to get/afford.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    well, the computer system was just updated with the real number of ps3's on the way, and they are:

10 20GB PS3's
    25 60GB PS3's

i guess the 2 is a default or something...

and just for comparison, we are getting 85 wii's.

25 "real" PS3 isn't that bad, better than 2

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News