Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'll stick with my 360. Can't see justifying the ps3 cost just to play a few exclusive games and a blueray player. I have a hd stand alone dvd player to watch my movies. Got that for $60.00 @ BB. (it was a demo) It upconverts to 1080i. Not the best,but much better than a normal dvd player. Don't get me wrong I'd love to have a ps3,but not at that cost. So I miss out on a few games,no big deal. With the money I saved I think I'll buy a Wii and a psp!!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I think the price for the PS3 is more than justified.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    the price is more then justified, if the system offers something you want. whether you want it for the games offered or the blu ray play, then yes it's worth the money.

what i dont like, and i do kind of praise ms for, is sony is forcing the technology on us (which blue ray is not need for games yet). but microsoft is giving us the choice of supporting it or not.

yes, the costs even out between the two systems, however if you dont have an hdtv, what good is the blue ray player going to be?

and back to the hdmi cable, no- there usually arent florescent lights behind a tv, however- if your using an hdtv like a plasma or lcd...you will get somewhat near the same effect. right now, my setup has a dlp projection tv, pioneer 816k receiver, a monster power regulator, plus all the gaming consoles and digitial cable box. now, if i'm running multiple hdmi cables back there, i'm going to want some kind of shielding on them. plus, although cat5 cable doesnt have shielding, it does use the twisted pair "technology" to help shield itself.

Quote Originally Posted by MKE View Post

what i dont like, and i do kind of praise ms for, is sony is forcing the technology on us (which blue ray is not need for games yet). but microsoft is giving us the choice of supporting it or not.
    Blu-Ray is necessary. M$ shot themselves in the foot rushing out the 360 using its dual layer dvds. Some PS3 games are already taking up 22+ GB of the currently 25GB available. Later in the consoles life when the developers are finally getting a good grasp on what they can do you will be glad you have 50GB to work with and not just some silly 8.5 GB.

The one smart thing M$ did do was to keep 360 games to DL DVD's ONLY. If they had went and released (or announced) HD-DVD games then you bet your bottom dollar alot of people would be upset (both those technically inclined enough to know they've been shanked into buying the $199 add-on to play any new games, and those who are simple minded enough not to know the difference... little Johnny will be so upset when he finds out his new game wont run on his console).

People harp up and down that the only reason is HD cut scenes and obviously enough its these people who don't know what they're talking about.

We shall see soon enough, as I'll deff have one on launch day and could possibly do a full review on the console if no one else wants to.

Unhappy what?!

Quote Originally Posted by Eman View Post
    I think the price for the PS3 is more than justified.
    you justity the price for the ps3??? i am sorry, nothing personal, but is people like you that makes manufacturer sky rocket their prices

Blu-Ray player = $1000

PS3 = $600

'Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by carapalida View Post
    you justify the price for the ps3??? i am sorry, nothing personal, but is people like you that makes manufacturer sky rocket their prices
    We are early adopters (those of us who have "justified" the pricing point of the PS3). People like you are clearly people who, while they enjoy their games, won't fork over that little extra to have it first. Plus Sony (and M$) are selling their consoles at a loss, so I don't see how you could be upset. Perhaps its out of your budget and thats fine but they are far from taking advantage of us. It would get to the point where people were dismantling the consoles just to sell off the stuff inside to make a profit.

WOWchamp is right. New technology is expensive technology (usually). Both M$ and $ony are under-selling their consoles, so just think about that for a sec. If they're actually loosing money per system they make and sell, how much lower can they go?

I'm not saying isn't expensive (heck, I don't have $600 to blow on a PS3) but obviously it's not so expensive if hundreds of thousand of people are dying to purchase one.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman View Post
    Blu-Ray player = $1000

PS3 = $600

'Nuff said.
    Premium 360= $300.00
    HD dvd player 60.00
    cost for Blue Ray games=$0
    Cost for Blue Ray Movies=$0

Total 360.00

I save 240.00 !!! LMFAO!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by out4it View Post
    Premium 360= $300.00
    HD dvd player 60.00
    cost for Blue Ray games=$0
    Cost for Blue Ray Movies=$0

Total 360.00

I save 240.00 !!! LMFAO!!!!
    Don't you mean Premium 360=$399 or did you somehow get one cheaper??

Dunno how you got the HD-DVD player for 60$ when they started at $500+ and are still easily $400 in most cases.

To get a HD movie experience with the 360, you would have had to shell out $299 (for the cheaper one) + $199 for the addon (= $499 which is the prices of the "cheap" PS3) or you would have had to shell out $399 for the premium 360 + $199 for the addon (= $599 which is the cost of the premium PS3).

To boot, if you go with the cheaper route you have no hard drive. To add to that, you have now have to daisy chain your movie drive to your 360.

In your case, you did save money. In most peoples case, they will save no money at all and end up just as much in the red as PS3 fans will be.

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News