Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Registered User WtfAreUthinking's Avatar
    Sponsored Links

Well figured I should make this, Since CJPC helped me out!

Sponsored Links
    Well I was in the search of how to Beat the PSN ban and also how to beat a game server ban however I have run into a dead end, but i figured I should share what I got! Well After CJPC showed me the Screen Shot of the Sony Ban Hammer I went to work.

First thing I did Was get a Live capture of the packets sent and received from the Ps3, during the Log in Process. Upon inspection of the Packets I realized that the SSL packets would be the ones I wanted to target, So I had to read up on SSL decryption, Once I did I dled OpenSSL.. Now I used cain & abel to capture the cert sent to the Ps3, At this point I had not read enuff to know that the cert that I captured did not give me the private key and that just the public key was the only one stored.

So I went thru the motion and the Cert that I captured was in the .crt Format So i used the OpenSSL Command Line and converted it to .der and then to .pem, then when I got here I applied it to the wireshark preferances and then poof nothing happend cuz I was just using the public key.

So this is where I am stumped, I either need the Private key to Decrypt the SSL packets or I need to know where the PSID is stored on the PS3. I also think the Cert with the Private key might be stored on the Ps3 however i know most times its stored only on the server.

Thats My 2 cents,

Also i noticed on the Dev boxes Y'all have a option that says service Id what is that Id?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by WtfAreUthinking View Post
    Also i noticed on the Dev boxes Y'all have a option that says service Id what is that Id?
    The service id is actually used for specifying a title id to use for the PSN Store mainly!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    The service id is actually used for specifying a title id to use for the PSN Store mainly!
    Not really what I wanted to hear LOL, Guess It looks like I am going to have to decrypt my ps3 hdd to see if I can find the cert.key.

Also, what kind of memory is on board the Ps3, I tried a simple google search, however I get a lot of crap, the EEPROM caught my eye, but then someone here said they only saw it in their controller,

I'm just trying to figure out where they store this # for now!

PSN Bans consoles by including information about console

They are:
    • MAC Address
    • Console ID
    • Motherboard ID

And a bit more

Hope it helped!

Tuhta, Plz explain to me how a Mac Address can be banned? Mac Address are not rout-able well nvm heres a good example
    [Register or Login to view links]

I'm sorry but, If you read earlier into the post you will see that CJPC has already provided me with a screen shot of what sony bans which is the Console Id,

Thanks for trying tho!

Quote Originally Posted by WtfAreUthinking View Post
    Tuhta, Plz explain to me how a Mac Address can be banned? Mac Address are not rout-able
    Routable or not - Sony can during login to PSN or other on-line services retrieve basically ANY info from console they want - they don't need to rely on standard TCP / IP protocol

Also MAC based access control has been going on for years and is nothing new. Even the basic home router has the capability to provision only user selected/ approved MACs.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandpaHomer View Post
    Routable or not - Sony can during login to PSN or other on-line services retrieve basically ANY info from console they want - they don't need to rely on standard TCP / IP protocol
    But still the point of this topic is what they ban, they definitely don't ban the Mac Address, It shows right there in the pic that CJPC acquired that its the console Id that is banned.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandpaHomer View Post
    it is route able sir!

You can even read Terms of Use, where they explain what they get from your console

Question

Ok here is another BAN question. What causes the ban? I understand cheating but what type and how much tolerance do they have? I'm just asking because a friend of mine alledgedly hacked his MW2 offline profile and got banned!

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News