Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Hirai: PS3 Motion Controller is Slated for a Spring 2010 Launch

Sponsored Links
    PlayStation president Kaz Hirai has confirmed that the new PS3 Motion Controller technology dubbed 'the magic wand' is slated for a spring 2010 launch.

Speaking at Gamescom in Cologne last week, Hirai said that Sony required some "great software" in order for a successful launch.

To quote: "We are slating it for spring of next year," he told [Register or Login to view links].

"One of the things is that we just don't want to put out the controller. We need a great software that supports the controller at launch.

It's something that we've been working on for the longest time."

Hirai: PS3 Motion Controller is Slated for a Spring 2010 Launch

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sounds like a crappy excuse for a malfunctioning controller...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Who wants to bet MS will rush their natal to launch and it will have rrods of its own?

Quote Originally Posted by Preceptor View Post
    Sounds like a crappy excuse for a malfunctioning controller...
    Why do you say that? Its been looking pretty good
    Last edited by semitope; 08-25-2009 at 12:14 AM

I'm definitely glad they're going to launch several supporting titles along with this hardware.

Seems like they've learned that supporting software can make a great difference in the way your product sells. Maybe from the launch of the platform that supports it?

a poll would be nice where users can vote for their game they will have at launch day.

Think EA will have a fitness game and a little game collection on day 1 from Sony.

i think this technology looks promising and should be a good addition to the ps3... i think sony has a better hardware quality than MS (ps3 vs xbox360) so i really believe the new wand-remote will be up to the expectations.

Lightbulb

Sony SPORTS ftw!

I agree with Hirai's way of thinking, what use is to release the motion controllers with some eyetoy games or a half assed Wii Play copy.

Sony will have to create something like Little Big Planet or Eye of Judgement, something innovative and really entertaining that merits an investment on those controllers.

I figure the tech demos shown at Games Com are a good idea to develop, maybe a Siren game based on the Survival Horror demo, Medievil, Genji or even Arc the Lad for the Sword Demo and I can also imagine a Patapon Downloadable game using the motion control like drums or something like that. If any of those ideas gets developed I will for sure get them.

I enjoyed the Eyetoy but the games were kind of limited, with this kinds of control I bet I'll enjoy it even more.

Sony just failed to take one step forward! The same thing can be done on the Wii.

There is no really big advantage. Even though I'm a Sony fanboy I'm pretty disappointed.

Look at Microsoft. Natal has been tested in the last 2 days by devs and the media. They have proven this thing to work wonderfully. It's a REAL step forward.

Now look at Sony... What do they come up with?! Another Wii-Mote-Plus! Thanks but no thanks.

Thumbs Down release date will be next year..sucks

i guess im not going to get a ps eye until spring 2010..

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News