Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

PS3 Square Button Hideo Kojima 'Not Interested' in HD

Sponsored Links
    [IMGW]http://media.1up.com/media?id=3141486[/IMGW]Metal Gear designer Hideo Kojima has praised Wii since its inception, but recently revealed to GamePro (via [Register or Login to view links], via [Register or Login to view links]) that he can't move in that direction until [Register or Login to view links] has been completed for PlayStation 3.

"Wii! [laughs] Yes, I want to do it. I'm saying this everyday," he says. "But first, I have to face this giant that is called Metal Gear Solid 4, so until I'm finished with that, I can't do anything."

The mastermind doesn't care much for HD, either. "We're not the ones who are saying we want HD. I'm not interested, myself, about HD at all. MGS games tend not to care about how clean the screen looks...we deliberately make the graphics look dirtier to give the atmosphere more life."

We, however, appreciate HD, sir. Thank you.

Thanks to [Register or Login to view links] for sharing the news with us!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Just as long as I can see my gun and my enemies' head clearly I'm happy.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    there's a difference between not caring about HD and making an ugly looking game.... anyone tried playing Vice City on their PS3? i have three friends that are in agreement with me that it looks even WORSE than it does on the PS2.... that may have something to do with the PS2 being played on a 480i SDTV vs the PS3 running on a 1080i DLP HDTV, but isn't the PS3 supposed to "enhance" PS2 games a little bit? almost like upconverting DVDs to an HD signal like my Yamaha DVD player does? i'm not looking for the PS3 to make it a totally different game, but goodness, it looks so bad i had to quit playing it because i thought i was going to hurt my eyes!

the point is, keep PS3 games at a minimum of 720p and i'll be happy.... drop back down below that and you're wasting the space on the Blu-Ray disc for just content - mind as well sell the consumer (2) DVD9 PS2 games bundled together for a new release instead of spending the extra money and having them both put on (1) Blu-Ray disc!!!! content is one thing, but they've made very long playing games on DVD9 already, lets see content AND excellent graphics - its what we're here for, its what the PS3 was made for, remember?

Wii is a failure, i bought both PS3 and Wii myself but ended up giving Wii to my cousins. Personally, i cannot enjoy the game play if i can't enjoy the graphics. It is 21st century in case you haven't noticed. Hideo Kojima is yesterday, it's a good thing that the gaming industry is sitting behind him with a Cattle prod making sure he's heading the right direction. don't get me wrong tho, i do respect the dude.
    Last edited by Caffeicaddictio; 01-14-2007 at 10:26 PM

Well the only justifiable claim to a possible failure with the Nintendo Wii is its lack of third-party games (which has historically plagued Nintendo previously). Not everyone wants to just play Mario and Zelda.

Xboxing, I think you're taking Kojima's words too seriously. Yeah, he may think all this hi-def stuff is silly, but he'll still make use of it with MGS4. MGS2 and MGS3 were incredibly detailed and stretched the limits of the PS2 to its max. Why wouldn't he try to do the same with the PS3?

I never said it was gonna be in 1080p. It could be, but right now it'll probably only be in 720p since screen shots that have leaked have been in that resolution (thereby hinting at 720p). But if he really wants to get gamers into the atmosphere, he'll have to make use of Dolby TrueHD. In which case, the PS3 and Blu-Ray would be an excellent choice to accomplish this.

Again, everything is subjective and you're taking it too seriously. The game isn't even out yet and barely anything about it has been revealed so neither you nor I can accurately criticize anything pertaining to the aforementioned article.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News