Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Help with a kboot error?

Sponsored Links
    I had everything running pretty nicely... so, i decided to update my kboot file to make it default to 1080p. Apparently, in doing so, i created some kind of syntax error and now when i am booting linux it tries to initialize kboot and gives a syntax error. This error message continually cycles and I have no idea how to get past it or how i can get to edit my kboot.conf file now. I would think there would be a shortcut to give me a terminal window or something, but i just don't know linux very well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Try control+c.
    If that doesn't work. I think you can reinstall OtherOS without loss of data (You would have to read up on how they did that in the SAK thread)

Are you able to enter any kind of command?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    nothing at all... i type a letter and it doesn't stop cycling the error message. It says EOF in backquote substitution... i tried the control+c, but that didn't work either. Thanks for the idea though... i'll check into reinstalling otheros.

..at kboot prompt during startup before linux launch your default kboot (10s default unless youve changed it), you can type ydltext and you can modify your kboot.conf from there..

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News