Heavy Rain PS3 Special Edition, DLC and Euro Soundtrack Delay

European Product Manager Alex Pavey has unveiled a Heavy Rain PS3 Special Edition today, alongside DLC news and also confirmation that (due to a technical issue) the European soundtrack will be delayed.

To quote: Launch week is here, and some of you will already have your hands on the fantastic Heavy Rain!

I know that many of you have ordered the Special Edition, which contains a voucher code to download three pieces of additional content: Chronicles episode 1, the additional playable scene; a Dynamic XMB Theme; and the Official Heavy Rain Soundtrack.

I'm sorry to say that there has been a last-minute technical delay with the Official Soundtrack, meaning that if you redeem your voucher code before 4th March, you will be able to download Chronicle 1 and the Dynamic Theme, but not the Official Soundtrack.

If you redeem your Special Edition voucher after 4th March, you will receive all three pieces of content as normal - and if you can stand to wait a week to start downloading additional content, that will be the easiest approach.

If you have already redeemed your voucher code and have not received the Official Soundtrack, please contact your local customer service teams who will be able to help you. Apologies for the inconvenience, everyone.

Heavy Rain PS3 Special Edition, DLC and Euro Soundtrack Delay

More PlayStation 3 News...

I'm kind of curious to know who bungled what, where when it comes to the post-release stuff for this title. First the DLC is going to be delayed for release in the US, then they sent out far too few of the vouchers for people who pre-ordered and now the soundtrack. It's a great game but all of this is kind of worrying.

They seem to be very prompt in sending out the new codes for those of us that already used the original code, got mine earlier and just need to wait until the 4th now.

Gives me time to play through the game a few more times.

Quote Originally Posted by zoned View Post
    They seem to be very prompt in sending out the new codes for those of us that already used the original code, got mine earlier and just need to wait until the 4th now.

Gives me time to play through the game a few more times.
    play through a few more times? you like it that much? i played the demo, well part of the demo, and thought it was terrible. the controls and gameplay are the worst i have experienced for any aaa title. i had so much disdain for it that i didn't even complete the demo. next to haze, this is the most over-hyped game of this generation i think.

In and of itself the premise of the gameplay being almost entirely made of quick time evnets does sound bad. Though I find the freedom of choice and different posibilities to be it's appeal. It's like Indigo Prophecy, even though it's all quick time events.