Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Heavy Rain Initially Had Motion Control Planned for PlayStation 3

Sponsored Links
    In a recent interview with Norwegian publication [Register or Login to view links], creator David Cage stated that Heavy Rain initially had Motion Control planned for Sony's PlayStation 3 entertainment system.

To quote: "If you are talking about Motion Control, this is something we initially considered for Heavy Rain. The very first version of the game design was based on motion control, but it was not feasible at the time," he said.

Dagbladet later helped us confirm via one of Cage's reps that he had hoped to design the game for the PlayStation Motion Controller originally, but felt the tech simply wasn't far enough along.

Cage went on to add, "I have a lot of interest in Sony's motion device and there is a good chance that we announce something about it in the coming weeks."

Heavy Rain Initially Had Motion Control Planned for PlayStation 3

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Maybe they will release a patch later that enables controls with the Motion Wand.

They should. It would be awesome!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I've seen some footage of the 'striptease' scene; it would be seriously weird to have to jiggle your own hips to progress there...

Quote Originally Posted by sorceror View Post
    I've seen some footage of the 'striptease' scene; it would be seriously weird to have to jiggle your own hips to progress there...
    hehe good one.. but yeah motion control would have been great.

I thought it would come out with the controller but said not.. Hope they will release a patch later on, can't wait to play the game.

Good that the game hasn't done it. I hate motion controls most the time and if you look to the WII the motion they use get less and less like in NSMB.

Quote Originally Posted by sorceror View Post
    but it would be nice to see a significant other wiggle her hips to get through the scene. it would be funny if that scene was two player via motion control so you would have to make certain motions to advance the scene along if you "approve" of her moves.

sony's motion control is something i am interested in, however i am not interested enough to buy it upon initial release.
    Last edited by inginear; 02-14-2010 at 02:26 PM

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News