Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Heavy Rain Includes Mandatory 4.2GB PS3 HDD Installation

Sponsored Links
    A few weeks ago the Heavy Rain front boxart was released, and today [Register or Login to view links] has made available the back boxart which reveals a mandatory 4.2GB PS3 HDD installation.

For those curious, Sony has also confirmed that they will offer a Heavy Rain alternate PS3 box art print out on launch.

To quote from JustPushStart.com (linked above): "You might want to save an extra 4.2GB of space in your hard drive as the game will REQUIRE (as the game boxart suggests) you to install the game's data in order to proceed.

It sure is a lot of space but as you are waiting for the data to install in your hard drive, there will be a guide showing you on how to make a Swan Origami (as featured in the game) while you're waiting for the game to install."

Heavy Rain pre-orders are now available for $59.99 and the PlayStation 3 title is scheduled to ship on February 23, 2010.

Heavy Rain Includes Mandatory 4.2GB PS3 HDD Installation

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    cool, I don't mind the disc space (I have a 320GB HDD), but I personally don't think it's such an issue having a 4 or 5GB install per game.. and I don't see why so many people get mad about that...

either you've got money and you upgrade your hard drive, or you don't, in which case you probably won't be switching back and forth between 10 games every week!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Im the same, I don't mind the installs. Its just the time it takes when your looking forward to playing and then you put in the disk and there is a large install causing you to wait even longer.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Nor me I got 320gig too so... who cares? lol

Big Grin Origami

"How to make a Swan Origami" O_o so.. I should get excited about THIS feature? at least its not "how to smoke 5 cigarettes in 10 mins" by Metal Gear Solid 4 because thats was exactly what I was doing during the install.

Anyway for Heavy Rain i would wipe my little 40gigs clean and do the freaking origami

I don't mind the installs (have 500gb drive). What I don't understand is why people don't upgrade their drives?

For basically the cost of 2 games, you could have virtually unlimited space on your ps3 for games. I have tons of games installed on my ps3, along with about 40 hd movies, tons of music, etc and still have around 100gigs available.

Seriously, upgrade your drive. It's one investment you won't regret.

What I hate is when a reviewer says a mandatory install takes away from the immersion into the game because you have to wait to play it... mind you this is usually reviewers who favor the xbox... while it installs it gives me time to get comfy, get a drink, etc

@heartagram62: You wait 2 years for a game, you can wait 5 more minutes... it's usually 5 to 10 minutes max for the install.. just consider that you might have missed your bus on your way back home...

Also, like williamfold said, you get home, put the disc in, while it installs, you go change into your pyjamas, get yourself that plate of cookies, then sit down, confortably for the show to start!

@williamfold: hehe, I agree, I think the fuss is just about the "xbox has no install time", if xbox had those too, then nobody would complain.. it's alway s amatter of relativity, you always compare to other existing solutions. anyways, like I said, I agree with you on the "it gives me time to get comfy".

Quote Originally Posted by proxima View Post
    "How to make a Swan Origami" O_o so.. I should get excited about THIS feature? at least its not "how to smoke 5 cigarettes in 10 mins" by Metal Gear Solid 4 because thats was exactly what I was doing during the install.

Anyway for Heavy Rain i would wipe my little 40gigs clean and do the freaking origami
    ha ha you're funny.. makes me laugh

@kakarotoks
    The reason I made my previous comments was because I don't normally read the back of the box and therefore don't realise there is a mandatory install.

I am all ready to go and then boom another five to ten minute wait. I know its not long, maybe I should start reading the box before I'm ready to play lol.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News