Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Okay I'm uploading the file that is pre-patched, the externsion is tar.bz2 so I am sending it to PS3News to post, this will make the process ultra newb friendly. (41.2 MB) Catch you guys later, I got to get back to life.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    thanks for the guide Hacked2123!!!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by pointvu View Post
    hi, what exactly is this for? is it so linux will support ntfs partition?
    It will support NTFS read/write and also read UDF2.5 which is the file system used on blu-ray movies and games. 4 PS3-Linux

Quote Originally Posted by iNCREDiPiNOY View Post
    i'm stuck with make menuconfig. how do i install make?
    if you are in 480i, you will have use make menu, this is a much more challenging path. Your best bet is to find out where the .config is stored after making one, and replacing it with the one I copy and pasted.

thank you so much hacked2123 for all you hard work. just to let you know i am kind of a noob, ive been following your work, and let me tell you that you are doing great.

i have question, now that the linux will support udf 2.5 does that mean that all i have to do is backup my bluray movie in the hard drive and i will be able to watch it from ps3 linux using vlc ? or will this let the ps3 system os read the files too?

im kinda confused to how im gonna play the bluray files after doing this method. thank you guys and sory if my question is stupid

hi,

i tried to go through the rpocess but as soon as i right click on the zipped kernel and click on extract here i get the following error: " couldnt open kernel etc" archive type not supported.

im using a fresh installed yellow dog linux.

plz help

UDF 2.5 install /root/linux folder

hacked2123, I have two questions related to UDF 2.5 support guide.

1. I don't have a /linux folder under /root folder on my YDL 5 install. Do I create /linux folder and extract there?

2. YDL 5 doesn't seem to support RAR files. When I try to extract I get an error. Can you upload kernel2.6.16 in tar format?

Appreciate the awesome help & knowledge you're providing.

So I'm a bit confused. What exactly does this gain me from the blu-ray side of things? Thank you.

Hacked2123 there is a typo at "7. TYPE makeconfig". It took me a while to figure it out. I think it should be " TYPE make menuconfig". Then "7.7. Goto "NTFS write support" PRESS", it doesn't specifiy press which option, should I press "Y" or "M"? Anyway, I chose "Y".

Now I stuck at "11. TYPE mkinitrd /boot/initrd_NTFS_UDF.img 2.6.16". --with message saying "No such file or directory".

Quote Originally Posted by jh87 View Post
    Hacked2123 there is a typo at "7. TYPE makeconfig". It took me a while to figure it out. I think it should be " TYPE make menuconfig". Then "7.7. Goto "NTFS write support" PRESS", it doesn't specifiy press which option, should I press "Y" or "M"? Anyway, I chose "Y".

Now I stuck at "11. TYPE mkinitrd /boot/initrd_NTFS_UDF.img 2.6.16". --with message saying "No such file or directory".
    yes it should be make menuconfig
    you should press M
    and you shouldn't get that error unless the modules weren't made I think

Quote Originally Posted by hacked2123 View Post
    yes it should be make menuconfig
    you should press M
    and you shouldn't get that error unless the modules weren't made I think
    I re-did the whole thing again, still no go. For "2.5. Extract to the folder /root/linux (That's just how I did it so I don't want to change anything) (Placing the RAR in root and then right-click "extract here" will do this)", is the RAR should be under root or /root/linux?

When in "7.7. Goto "NTFS write support" PRESS", <M> can not be selected. If you press <Y>, a asterix symbol " * " will be assigned to the sub "NTFS write support".

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News