Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by hacked2123 View Post
    I really think I have something big here and don't want to ruin anything.
    Hey Hacked2123, you work has been great and you sure have been on top of things. Keep us posted if you make any break-throughs...even if you won't/shouldn't/can't post any details about them. But, if you happen to stumble upon an ISO loader on your way around, let us know that too - - Good luck!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by JizzMopper View Post
    Hey Hacked2123, you work has been great and you sure have been on top of things. Keep us posted if you make any break-throughs...even if you won't/shouldn't/can't post any details about them. But, if you happen to stumble upon an ISO loader on your way around, let us know that too - - Good luck!
    Will do, heads up on my next adventure, I going to tear appart the kboot source I have and (well I'm not going to say why right now) I'll keep you guys informed. Glad to have some people who look forward to what I do next. (Sorry this guide sucked)

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    can i ask a question? can the ps3 xmb read a ntfs file system? or can it only read a fat16/32 file system?

PS thank you hacked for all the time and effort you are putting into this we really do apreciate it and we do learn from you. thanks again.
    Last edited by robertr728; 02-22-2007 at 11:49 PM

How long until the package becomes available?

Edit: Hrm, nevermind I think I've figured out how to do this. Applied the patch, ran menuconfig and set up NTFS write support and UDF file reading and now I am recompiling the kernel. Hope this works

Woohoo it worked! UDF 2.5 supported on my PS3, not as difficult as I had originally thought. Decrypted X-Men 3 on the PS3 as well using BackupBluRay!

Kernel help

Can some one tell me where I can find the kernel and is it suppose to be 8mb?

Heres what I did:

Located and obtained the file title:
    UDF_2.50-linux-2.6.16.patch (file size is 15kb)

Obtained the kernel source for ydl5 (from terrasoft servers)

Booted up yellowdog, extracted the archive named:
    kernel-2.6.16-20061110.ydl.1.src.rpm (File size is 40.3mb)

Which contained:
    linux-2.6.16.20061110.tar.bz2 (file size is 40.3MB)

Extracted those contents to /usr/src

Then I copied the UDF_2.5-linux-2.6.16.patch file to the directory I had just previously extracted.

Open up terminal and type:
    cd ..
    cd /usr/src/linux-2.6.16.20061110
    patch -p1 < UDF_2.50-linux-2.6.16.patch

then I typed the following command:
    ln -s /usr/src/linux-2.6.16.20061110 /usr/src/linux

Then,
    cd ..
    cd linux

(you should be in /usr/src/linux)

then type:
    make menuconfig

A menu configure thing will pop up that looks similar to the one in hackeds post, scroll down to File System and hit enter, scroll down to the Dos part (exactly like in Hackeds image) and hit enter than press Y when the box is highlighting Enable NTFS writing (something similar)

Hit Escape like 3 times than it will ask you to save the configuration select yes.

From here just follow the bottom portion of Hackeds tutorial starting with

make vmlinux

You can find kernel-2.6.16-20061110.ydl.1.src.rpm @ [Register or Login to view links]

I am currently re-installing because I had the wrong source package, hope to have it all working by morning.

Thank you

Thanks for the info hacked2123, worked like a charm once I got all the proper files. Will be having some fun with this.

Follow OldSpice's Instructions up to
    Then,
    cd ..
    cd linux
    and then you can follow mine. Sorry I ran into trouble with some files and folders missing (like arch) when I compressed it, and then everything got annoying.

Baggins yes, that is the patch, and who damianks, it's probably better if you didn't use a direct mirror to the source, but yes that is the src kernel and 40MB is the correct size. 86MB was my completed compiled kernel and components.

This works just as well though, wasn't sure it would that's why I did thinks the way I did (I had no way to test it)

Did anyone run across numerous errors that caused the process to stop?

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News