I finally got this to work for me after 45 mins of fumbling around with random text entries and plugins to display Japaneses characters.
For anyone having issues, my konami name was all lowercase 11 characters with no numbers. Password had capitals, numbers and lowercase. The main thing that set me back was the name field, (the part where you copy over jap characters into the four input boxes right next to each other) but i found if i just put in two characters it worked.
Im in Australia and im not about to shell out 120AUD when i can save 50 bucks by importing so this is a good quick fix for some mgo action.