To quote, roughly translated: It is now increasingly common for laptops have a built-in webcam. Because of this chat is becoming increasingly popular.
Not everyone has the money for a laptop or an external webcam. But what if you already have the PlayStation Eye? For several months, this one with some special drivers to get working on almost every version of Windows.
The webcam has pretty good specs, but for the experts among us we have a list:
- 4 channel audio input:16 bits/channel, 48kHz, SNR 90db - 4 channel audio input: 16 bits / channel, 48kHz, SNR 90dB
- 56º or 75º Field of View zoom lens - 56 º or 75 º Field of View zoom lens
- 2.1 F-stop, less than 1% distortion, fixed focus (25cm to 8 at 75 º FOV)
- 640 x 480 at 60 frames/second - 640 x 480 at 60 frames / second
- 320 x 240 at 120 frames/second - 320 x 240 at 120 frames / second
- USB.0 high-speed data transfer - USB.0 high-speed data transfer
- Uncompressed video or optional JPEG compression - Uncompressed video or optional JPEG compression
Of course we can not just connect the PlayStation Eye. The hands of Sony, we must first install the drivers.
We will choose the "CL Eye Platform Driver." For the illiterate among us have given these sets of beautiful colors. We choose this time for green.
If we have, we downloaded the same program installed. Just follow the standard installation process, because if you choose the wrong settings may not get the eye working.
If this installation is complete, we first start the computer, then connect to the Eye. For this test we look at the special test program installed or working properly. This program is probably on your desktop, but otherwise you must find him under the name 'PS3EyeTest.exe'
In this program you should see yourself now are good, with some options to change the colors change. These have to adapt their own preferences, but most people just leave this for what they are.
The program will not always work equally well and sometimes we have to reset the Eye. We do this by restarting your PC and plug in the Eye when your PC is showing life again.
The installation process easy to make I recently created a roadmap for you, which you in four steps with all the nice girls to chat on MSN.
Step 1: Make sure your PlayStation Eye is not connected.
Step 2: Download the correct drivers, called CL Eye Platform Driver.
Step 3: Install these drivers.
Step 4: Connect the PlayStation Eye again.
Step 5: Ensure that the PlayStation Eye works well in the test program called PS3EyeTest.exe.
Caution! The program has been tested on Windows XP and Vista. This may mean that users of Windows 7 may experience difficulty using the driver. Use at your own risk!