Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Guide: Buying PSN Cards Without a Credit Card for EU Users

Sponsored Links
    Although PSN cards have recently debuted in Canada, according to PS3Hype.nl (linked above) in Europe there are still no prepaid cards for the PlayStation Network.

That being said, apparently many people who don't own a credit card can't buy things from the PlayStation Store... unless they follow the guide below, of course.

Note: Before we start this tutorial you should know that the PlayStation Network cards (so you can buy after reading this tutorial) can be used in the U.S. PlayStation Store.

This means that no content from the Store can download. Also, the add-ons that you can store in the U.S. are not compatible with European games.

Use this' trick 'only if you complete a game or PSN game to download from the U.S. Store. You can also use this for example PS One classics and PSP games.

Step 1: Create a U.S. PlayStation Network account.

Step 2: Click on this link: [Register or Login to view links]

Step 3: Here you see a registration form. Fill out the information. It is important that you at least fill in your real email address. The rest is not necessarily correct.

Step 4: In the 'country' you should not choose for the Netherlands (otherwise you pay shipping), but for the 'Cards'. This is also in the list. Click it.

Step 5: Enter a password and remember this!

Step 6: Click on continue. Your registration is complete and you've been automatically logged in. Go now to Step 7.

Step 7: Now you must choose a 20 PlayStation Network Card or a PlayStation Network 50 card.

(Tip: In the right menu you see 3 flags are. This is a list you can open. Click on the list and select 'Euro'. As you can see prices in Euros, and you see that it is a good price !)

Step 8: You have one (or more) of these PSN cards, click on 'Add to Card.

Step 9: Click on 'Check Out'

Step 10: Click 'Continue'

Step 11: Select a payment option, choose "PayPal."

Step 12: Click 'Continue'. Your order is confirmed, usually within an hour you will be your PSN card code received in your mail box.

Then you can redeem this code in the U.S. PlayStation Store through the Redeem Code option right at the top of the screen.

When you do this, you can spend the money on games that are available in the U.S. PlayStation Store. Good luck and have fun!

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Great Guide, i would like to get a few things from the US store myself. Just a question, do you think you could buy things from the JAP store also?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Although I haven't done it myself, I would imagine if you used Japanese credentials then you could... but I recall reading that Sony checks/authenticates it so I don't believe you could use EU info to get things from the JP store.

If anyone else can clarify/confirm, it would be appreciated and I will +Rep ya!

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Use this' trick 'only if you complete a game or PSN game to download from the U.S. Store. You can also use this for example PS One classics and PSP games.
    It is still good to remember that PS One classics are not region free as PS3 games.

I guess some PS3 game add-ons are not locked to EU/US/JAP versions, but most of them seems to be. Of course it would be better to buy the same version disc to make sure the the add-ons will work.

So you get a code in your E-mail Inbox, correct?
    also I'm from the Netherlands, I have to choose Cards as well, right?

Anybody that can confirm that this works?

Quote Originally Posted by GZA1984 View Post
    So you get a code in your E-mail Inbox, correct?
    also I'm from the Netherlands, I have to choose Cards as well, right?

Anybody that can confirm that this works?
    You can also use this site: [Register or Login to view links]

You pay can pay using iDeal and you directly see the code displayed on the page after you payed. I've used it from the Netherlands as well, and it worked great. Instantly got the code, used it on my US PSN account and could finally buy some games from the US Store.

It's great for us Europeans who don't have or want to use a credit card.

eeh? don't you need a creditcard to confirm a paypal account?

I just use my US user and the same creditcard as my other account and I buy stuff off the US store all the time, works fine and is about 50% cheaper :P

Quote Originally Posted by b4rtsimps0n View Post
    You can also use this site: [Register or Login to view links]

You pay can pay using iDeal and you directly see the code displayed on the page after you payed. I've used it from the Netherlands as well, and it worked great. Instantly got the code, used it on my US PSN account and could finally buy some games from the US Store.

It's great for us Europeans who don't have or want to use a credit card.
    Thanks, you're my hero! Problem solved!

EDIT: ouch the prices seem a bit unrealistic. $20 = €23.99 on that site (should be way less then €20,-)
    Last edited by GZA1984; 06-22-2009 at 04:10 PM

Overpriced PSN cards codes...

IMHO it is cheaper and more convenient to get a virtual debit card in EntroPay.

I've read in a few places that Sony is now blocking use of new Entropay accounts on the PSN. No idea if this is true though.

But big thanks for this article! I used it instantly and after 2 hours I received the code in my email.

The prices aren't too bad for instant PSN money

So cool for an online store to offer the codes through email rather than wasting time and money shipping them.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News