Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Gran Turismo 5 Slated for Summer 2010, PS3 Demo Next Week

Sponsored Links
    During a short demo presentation of Gran Turismo 5 earlier this week, SCEA Associate Producer Chris Hinojosa-Miranda re-confirmed the March 2010 GT5 PS3 release for Japan.

Without getting too specific, he then revealed that Sony was eying a vague "Summer 2010" release, which hopefully means we'll see it before leaves start falling off trees next year.

However, those seeking to get their hands on Gran Turismo 5 sooner will find a PS3 demo on PlayStation Network next week.

To quote: "Interestingly, Hinojosa-Miranda had mentioned to me that he was traveling the U.S. in the coming week to photograph cars for Polyphony's reference material. With nearly 1,000 cars in the game, it's not that big of a stretch to think that they may still be working to flesh out the game's roster.

And while he wouldn't confirm how far along they were towards completing Gran Turismo 5 development, he did say this work wasn't necessarily for the current game.

"It's not for Gran Turismo 5 or a DLC release," he said, clarifying that it's constantly building on its reference material archives. After years of development and multiple Gran Turismo titles, how else do you think it's filling those garages but with non-stop research?

On the subject of DLC for the title, he said it was something it was considering, but had nothing to announce at this time."

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I want this game NOW!! I just hope it's not full of bugs like some of the other big releases...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i find it strange; people want to play this game although it feels like they are not offering more than some other games are and have done it in less time. like Dirt 2 and NFS and some other games that are about to be out there and they are seriously competing with their own graphics and game play. is it the license system and the 24h races that makes it different?

i don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by y2kkingboy View Post
    i find it strange; people want to play this game although it feels like they are not offering more than some other games are and have done it in less time. like Dirt 2 and NFS and some other games that are about to be out there and they are seriously competing with their own graphics and game play. is it the license system and the 24h races that makes it different?

i don't know.
    GT5 is like PS3 version of Forza 3, NFS is just an arcade racer, and Dirt 2 ain't too realistic, where in Forza and GT try to achieve realistic simulation.

they try and succeed! GT5 is and feels so real with a steering wheel... NFS nor Dirt 2 can't even come close to these feelings

True that... GT legacy... GT is THE Games of all Games on driving simulation and no other game could be compared to it.

Yo that is so true. I just got the Driving Force GT a couple days ago and it feels awesome; you can really feel the difference between each car.

What I believe is that this game is already going to be a relic from Sony. Since its inception in the year 2001-2002, Gran Turismo to offer a wide variety graph showing landscapes highly concentrated, a unique variety of race cars and beaten Realizm, ie may be a worthy rival of any real driving simulator without exclude none.

I personally would get GT5 over dirt or nfs, because it combines/ has other racing modes.. such as nascar and rally racing.. plus there might be a head tracking feature implemented, where the ps3 eye would track your head.

"The device will track a player’s head movements. The goal is for the depth-of-field focal point far down the track to shift, matching your head movement. What you look at will be appear more clearly, in theory. So as you look a little to the right, the right part of what you see beyond your car may come more sharply into focus. But the car itself won’t turn with your head, of course."

Oh man... first dec 2009, then march 2010 and now summer 2010.

Oh well perhaps it's better that it won't come in march 2010 (for us) because GoW III + Final Fantasy XIII + GT5 would be overkill

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News