Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Gran Turismo 5 Release Date Confirmed for November 24th, 2010

Sponsored Links
    Today Sony Public Relations Manager Alex Armour has officially confirmed that Gran Turismo 5 for PS3 will be released on November 24, 2010 and posted a new video trailer!

To quote: The date is locked in: Gran Turismo 5 will go on sale throughout North America (and [Register or Login to view links]) on Wednesday, November 24th.

That means you’ll be experiencing [Register or Login to view links], including karts and select NASCAR cars, scores of tracks, the all-new Course Maker, a dynamic weather system, a robust online community, and everything else Gran Turismo 5 has to offer in less than two weeks.

Along with confirming the November 24th date, Kazunori Yamauchi, President of Polyphony Digital Inc. had this to say:

Gran Turismo 5 is an ambitious project, with challenges and complexities which have made it our version of the Apollo Space Program!

When we created the original Gran Turismo back in 1997, we wanted to set a completely new precedent for the racing genre. With the technological leap onto PlayStation 3, our objective with Gran Turismo 5 was to create another great revolution which would not only satisfy our own high expectations, but would meet or even exceed the anticipation of the fans.

Satisfying the loyal Gran Turismo followers is at the heart of all of our efforts, which is why it was such a difficult decision to delay the release of the game, and one which we did not take lightly. I can only apologize to everyone for making you wait so long, and I hope that when you try out the wealth of driving experiences available in Gran Turismo 5, you will not be disappointed.

Don't forget to [Register or Login to view links] if you haven't already to ensure your copy day one and receive a voucher for one of five free downloadable cars with a custom Stealth Model skin.

We'll have much more on Gran Turismo between now and launch, so please stay tuned to the PlayStation Blog and the [Register or Login to view links].

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yay, they give up. Cool it comes so early !

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by oVERSoLDiER View Post
    Yay, they give up. Cool it comes so early !
    yep, the only money and time there are wasting is there own! now with the downgrader (wait for a public release and reverse engineering) users could update to 3.50 play it and when they get bored of it drop back down to 3.41. so yeah sony would have to give up sooner or later and i'm glad it is sooner in this case.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Very True; Hope they won't reverse engineer psdowngrade in the new firmware. I want to play this game so much. Would be nice if someone ports psdowngrade to psgroove device!

if this is coming out this month, i guess there's still hope that it's done with the 3.42 SDK?? Maybe it will just be like patching the CoD game or something... Sony's biggest title since the release of the PS3 hacked on the day of release?

It'd probably still happen even if it came out in Jan of 2011 anyway, but glad to see it coming out early! I am hoping to get my PS3 today!! Can't wait!

As far as the 3.5 downgrader, it will be ported to PSGroove quickly I am guessing.. how long did it take to reverse engineer the Jailbreak? MAYBE a week? I don't even remember it being that long!

Oh wow. It's actually happening! I almost expected GT5 to end up like DNF given how long it's been since GT5 prologue...

Quote Originally Posted by jokr2k10 View Post
    if this is coming out this month, i guess there's still hope that it's done with the 3.42 SDK?? Maybe it will just be like patching the CoD game or something... Sony's biggest title since the release of the PS3 hacked on the day of release?

It'd probably still happen even if it came out in Jan of 2011 anyway, but glad to see it coming out early! I am hoping to get my PS3 today!! Can't wait!

As far as the 3.5 downgrader, it will be ported to PSGroove quickly I am guessing.. how long did it take to reverse engineer the Jailbreak? MAYBE a week? I don't even remember it being that long!
    If its dongle really exist and works like it is claimed in the video, than the right person can engineer it much faster than in 1 week. Remember, it's Friday.

with this release date; there has to be a copy made with the older sdk... I'm sure there is an early release asian copy... I'd figure the community will have this game WORKING BEFORE the release date!

Sony's only hope is to release the PS4 before they were expecting to do! Which means we win no matter what!

Finally its being released after the years of waiting.

I doubt it will be with the 3.42 SDK they must have re built it with the 3.50 SDK to prevent JB users playing the game illegally.

$ony can kiss my rear. I will pirate this game, play it online with my 3.41 FAT ps3

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News