Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue - Holy Long Wait Time, Batman!

Sponsored Links
    I got my copy of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue for the PS3 today. I've been anxiously awaiting this title for a while, as I've been a huge fan of the series and racing games in general.

So when I put the game in my PS3, I was more than ready to race. Here's a breakdown of what happened:

-9:24pm - Loaded the game, started the install process
    -9:37pm - Install ended (13 minutes total, using 5349MB)
    -9:38pm - Began downloading the game update
    -9:42pm - Error occurred during download, had to start over
    -9:44pm - Began downloading the game update... again
    -9:51pm - Update finished, needed to hold the PS button to quit the game
    -9:52pm - Restart game, going through menus
    -9:53pm - Begin car shopping (you have to buy a car first with the 35k credits you have before you can race)
    -10:01pm - Bought car after looking for a while for what I can afford (settled on Mazda RX-8)
    -10:07pm - Finally finished first single player race (2:52 total race time)

So as you can see, if you get the Blu-Ray version of the game, it's going to take you an absurd amount of time sitting there doing nothing waiting to actually play the game. Seriously, this is just ridiculous. It took 40 minutes before I was able to actually play the game.

I'm very disappointed in this aspect of the game. A lot of casual gamers are going to get royally pissed the heck off when they encounter this scenario with the retail version of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue.

I'd also like to point out that the back of the box says "Required hard disk space: At least 5121 KB", which is a long ways off from the more than 5GB install needed for the game. Disappointing, Sony. Disappointing.

On a brighter note, the gameplay and graphics are phenominal. Expect a full review early next week.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue - Holy Long Wait Time, Batman!

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    and to make things worse, when it says you need to update it, it says that your money will get carried over but you may lose replay data. wtf? whats the point of having the option to save replays if you cant even watch then anymore when you update?

all in all, i still love the game.

Oh and another thing i just wanna get out there. It also says the date and time isnt right for me and that i have to change it. but there's nowhere to change it?? its kinda hard to tell cuz the "[R1] Zoom" thing is in the way of the top of the clock but i think its only about 5 mins behind.
    Last edited by dmx6468279; 04-17-2008 at 04:05 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    only gripe i have is the ability not host rooms to invite friends and not being able to tune your car, but even so it is a overall excellent game yet sort of like a demo.

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News