Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Gran Turismo 5 Has an Optional 40-Minute 6.4GB PS3 HDD Install

Sponsored Links
    We've seen the GT5 unboxing with some Gran Turismo 5 Signature Edition pictures, and today GamersMint.com (linked above) confirms via amar212 at [Register or Login to view links] that Gran Turismo 5 has an optional 40-minute 6.4GB PS3 HDD installation with the US game being reported as 19.4GB (20,882,698,502 bytes) with the EU version coming in at 13.72GB in size.

To quote: "The initial install size of Gran Turismo 5 on your PS3 HDD is going to be 6.4 GB. He also revealed that it takes about 40 minutes to install.

However, interestingly, he says that the game will continue to install and decompress data throughout the course of your playtime and the actual disk space taken by the game on your PS3 will be a lot more.

Kindly note that this installation is optional and you can play the game without doing this. It only requires 256 MB of your HDD if you decide against doing it but it's highly recommended that you do if you plan on spending days with the game like we do."

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I do not mind about this install, the graphics make it worth it!

BRING IT ON!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Oh, I hold it in my hands and wanna play ... and than you can choose between play immediately or install it and have a smoother picture. You have to decide.

all 40gb's of this goodness will be on my hdd with no optional install anyway (HERE'S HOPING)

who cares about that.. when we pirate it there will be A LOT more space wasted on our hds

Quote Originally Posted by sk group View Post
    who cares about that.. when we pirate it there will be A LOT more space wasted on our hds
    You mean backup right? Buy the game, it's worth it.

And for everyone else, remember that installing the game to you hard-drive when you are launching it from your hard-drive already will only slow the load times down. (Hard-drive is going to be seeking 2 locations instead of one as it was intended)

Was reading the comments on his post found this very interesting.
    amar212
    RDK, just for your notice - I got the same message "Not Available in this Version" when tried to go to Community.

Since I know I have final retail, it seems that game will receive a lauch-day patch in order to activate many options that are related to online servers and such. By that Patch, all offline versions will be updated in the same fashion as Prologue was.
    Sounds like a day one update will be waiting on the severs for us to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by hacked2123 View Post
    And for everyone else, remember that installing the game to you hard-drive when you are launching it from your hard-drive already will only slow the load times down. (Hard-drive is going to be seeking 2 locations instead of one as it was intended)
    Only installation may take longer time (but i don't think that HDD is slower than BD, even HDD to HDD copying). Launching and playing won't be slower. It will be even faster because HDD seeking is faster than BD.

The only disadvantage is wasted HDD space. But if somebody want to reduce wasted space, then it's possible to delete original files from BD rip after installation. I've did it some time ago, and most games were working after this cleanup

At last the long awaited title. Let's see what this baby can do. By the way, the game requires 3.50 to play, correct?

Can someone confirm it?

Question

initial install to HDD is 6.4 GB. Full dump size?

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News