Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

God of War III on PS3 Uses Only Half of the Engine's Capability

Sponsored Links
    God of War III game director Sig Asmussen claims the PS3 video game could be twice as good, in a recent interview with [Register or Login to view links].

To quote: "I think our studio will use this engine again, and it'll get better. And I think we're probably about 50- or 60-percent at it right now. I think there's a lot more we can do with it."

He then talks about perfecting the transition from cutscene to gameplay, lighting improvements, and particularly, animations:

"I think individually our animations are incredible, and our animators are incredibly talented. But I think we could make our system technically better, in the way we blend animations.

And I'm pretty sure that we already have the code to do that, and we just didn't implement it in God of War III because it came in real late."

God of War III on PS3 Uses Only Half of the Engine's Capability

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Waoh. So this means we will get A GOW4 with better graphics, and more sleek animations. Hell yeah. Games this days are way to awesome in terms of graphics. I do wish instead of using so much time in graphics and animations, they'd used it for making a longer game. This games this days don't last long.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Didnt i read somewhere that GOW3 could never work on the 360?

If thats true and GOW4 works at say 70-80%
    Then Holy crap!

Take that Micro$oft!

Killzone 3, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3 will all look better than their brothers in their respective series so I have no doubt GoW4, if they were making one, would look even better. The xbox360 is a toy.

Well if what he says is true then this would be a great step for ps3 in totally dominating the 360 (in the graphic department)

No matter how good the graphic are If a game does not have a decent story..

How many of you didn'tīt play games with crap graphics but you keep on playing it because the story or the play mode.. etc..

PS3 is hell of a gaming machine with great processing power and supereb graphical capabilities even after 3 years most talented developers only able to uses 50% to 60% in their games (GOWIII, FFXIII, GT5, UC2).

Quote Originally Posted by Mihuz View Post
    No matter how good the graphic are If a game does not have a decent story..

How many of you didn'tīt play games with crap graphics but you keep on playing it because the story or the play mode.. etc..
    we know, but we're discussing how powerful the PS3 system actually is. and judging by how good GOW3's graphics already are, i couldnt possibly imagine how good GOW4 will be presuming it used 100% compared to the current 50%

It goes to show that the PS3 is no way near reaching its full potential, and that if they are (ever) able to fully utilise the engine for GOW3, the next game(s) will be awesome.

I just hope they put that engine to use on ALOT more games.. hell even rent it out to 3rd party devs

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News