Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    that's right, take a look at pc games now with decent graphics is almost unplayable at 1080p because it take a lot of graphical power to display 2073600 pixels changing 30 or 60 times a second.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i personally would prefer a game to install most used data of a game to HDD to help prolong the life of the laser and as well help games run smother.. because games like gta you can really hear the laser going at it all the time.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    ^^ i agree as well ... they should at least make it an option to install... hell its my console and its my game i should have a choice right ??

Quote Originally Posted by zaror1992 View Post
    that's right, take a look at pc games now with decent graphics is almost unplayable at 1080p because it take a lot of graphical power to display 2073600 pixels changing 30 or 60 times a second.
    You couldn't be further from the truth, 1080p is becoming the monitor standard and most PC gamers don't settle for anything less than 60fps.

My monitor resolution is 2048x1152, a notch above 1080p and the last console game which was released to PC which I bought (Street Fighter 4) ran with all settings maxed out (including filters set to 16x) at well above 60fps (I don't remember the number) but it doesn't matter since I play with vsync on which locks at the refresh rate, which is 60. Without the filters on (and vsync off) the game was running at 250fps using max settings.

Games made with consoles as the main focus have relatively low requirements.

What is your computer (CPU, GPU, mobo, RAM, etc)?

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Cyrus View Post
    You couldn't be further from the truth, 1080p is becoming the monitor standard and most PC gamers don't settle for anything less than 60fps.

My monitor resolution is 2048x1152, a notch above 1080p and the last console game which was released to PC which I bought (Street Fighter 4) ran with all settings maxed out (including filters set to 16x) at well above 60fps (I don't remember the number) but it doesn't matter since I play with vsync on which locks at the refresh rate, which is 60. Without the filters on (and vsync off) the game was running at 250fps using max settings.

Games made with consoles as the main focus have relatively low requirements.

What is your computer (CPU, GPU, mobo, RAM, etc)?
    You're comparing apples to oranges.

A gameconsole is a closed system with set specs that was designed years in advance. A PC is open spec and constantly being upgraded with the latest processor & graphics card. A PC is also much more expensive especially when you happen to have a dual vid or more rig costing hundreds of dollars.

Let's see what a PC can do that costs you only $299..price of a ps3.
    Then you can compare.

Quote Originally Posted by captainboo View Post
    You're comparing apples to oranges.

A gameconsole is a closed system with set specs that was designed years in advance. A PC is open spec and constantly being upgraded with the latest processor & graphics card. A PC is also much more expensive especially when you happen to have a dual vid or more rig costing hundreds of dollars.

Let's see what a PC can do that costs you only $299..price of a ps3.
    Then you can compare.
    What does that have to do with anything we're talking about? I was just pointing out to him that maintaining 60fps+ at 1080p on a PC isn't nearly as difficult/rare as he thinks it is, it's rather standard.

Quote Originally Posted by rickylyh View Post
    hehe, may be same as FF13 magic, use hidden drive HDD1
    Its not magic, FF13 used the hard drive's system cache for its files. This is to prevent your system from bugging out when you "run out" of hard drive space.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Cyrus View Post
    What does that have to do with anything we're talking about? I was just pointing out to him that maintaining 60fps+ at 1080p on a PC isn't nearly as difficult/rare as he thinks it is, it's rather standard.
    And you did it quite well sir, and pwned some guy in the process lmao .. damn i can't believe he said 1080p on pc was hard ROFL... some people should just

i'm glad we have some decent computer gamers here.

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News