God of War Collection Hits PS3 November 17th, Trophies Detailed
Today SCEA Product Marketing Manager Anthony Caiazzo has announced that God of War Collection ships for PS3 on November 17th, and has also detailed the PS3 Trophies for the title.
To quote: Still wondering when you'll be able to get your hands on the God of War Collection? Well, wait no more. The God of War Collection has gone gold!
Fans can look forward to playing God of War and God of War II in stunning HD just a couple of weeks from now as the God of War Collection will officially be shipping to a retail store near you on NOVEMBER 17! Oh wait... there's more... we're also here to unveil all of the trophy goodies you have been waiting for!
To give you the low-down on how the trophies were picked, here is some insight from God of War III Design Director, Todd Papy...
Other than all the visual improvements that we added to the God of War Collection, the most exciting part for me was the opportunity to go back and add in full trophy support for both games.
Not only will the trophies hopefully be an enjoyable way to check your progress through the game, but they will also give the hard-core God of War fans some serious additional bragging rights. And on a more personal level, the trophies were a really great opportunity for us to share some of our stories and inside jokes from God of War and God of War II.
One of the trophies that I was really happy to finally be able get out there was "Speed of Jason McDonald." At the end of making God of War, the combat designers were doing speed runs of the game, and soon enough, friendly wagers started springing up around the office to see who could post the best time. Jason McDonald, currently a Sr. Combat Designer on God of War III, blew them all away. He still has, a couple God of War games later, the two dollars in winnings tapped proudly to his computer monitor.
Something very similar happened when we started testing the God of War II trophy "15 Min Fight Scene." The fight outside the Loom Chamber is one of the more polarizing moments in the game. A lot of people really enjoyed the long marathon battle, while other's thought it was maybe too tough of a challenge.
This fun vs. frustration became even clearer when the office stopped working on God of War III one afternoon to get together and watch as team member after team member tried to get through the fight in record time. Judging by the cheering that occurred when the aforementioned Jason McDonald was knocked out of the lead spot, I would say fun won the day.
Another challenging spot that we wanted to highlight with the "You Got the Touch!" trophy was the Spiked Column in Hades from God of War. After playtesting repeatedly, David Jaffe asked me to tone down the difficulty and make it easier for the final shipped game.
Ironically, even after all that, it wound up being one of the most talked about sections, and not always for the best reasons. I think one of the problems is that a lot of people try to blast their way through and get it over with as fast as possible.
That's a sure fire way to get Kratos sliced up. The trick was always taking your time to think about what your next move was going to be. Throw in a couple deep breaths, and I think a lot of people will be able to make it through without taking damage and earn the trophy.
In the end, all of us hope that you have as much fun earning the trophies as we did designing them.
GOD OF WAR
- 1.21 Gigawatts - Acquire Poseidon's Rage
- Rocking Out - Acquire Medusa's Gaze
- Bolt Action - Acquire Zeus' Fury
- Sword Man - Acquire Blade of Artemis
- Soul Search - Acquire Army of Hades
- Matador - Win the first Minotaur fight
- Scape Goat - Win the first Satyr fight
- Roll Over ... and Die - Win the first Cerberus fight
- Don't They Ever Shut Up! - Defeat the Desert Sirens
- Beat a Dead Horse - Complete the Centaur sacrifice to Hades
- Kickboxer - Complete the Spike Room Box Puzzle
- Rockin' the Boat - Complete the Sex Mini-Game
- Don't Leave Her Hanging - Rescue the Oracle with 10 seconds to spare
- Get the Ball Rolling - Complete the Challenge of Atlas
- Totally Baked - Complete the Human sacrifice
- Splash - Kiss the Nyad
- Get Me a Beer Kid - Free yourself from the depths of Hades
- Zero Health = Bronze Trophy - Open a Health Chest when your health meter is already full
- Hitman - Get a 100 Hits Combo
- Getting My Ass Kicked - Die enough times to get offered Easy Mode
- Kratos' Marble Collection - Collect all the Gorgon Eyes
- Stick it in Your Cap! - Collect all the Phoenix Feathers
- It's the HUGE One - Retrieve the Captain's Key
- Take the Bull by the Horns - Defeat Pandora's Guardian
- God Killer - Kill Ares
- Head Hunter - Obtain the head of the Architect's wife
- The Power to Kill a God - Retrieve Pandora's Box
- Hitman 2 - Get a 200 Hits Combo
- Legend of the Twins - Watch the 'Birth of the Beast' Treasure
- Seeing Red - Max out all Weapons and Magic
- Prepare to be a God - Beat the Game on any Difficulty
- You Got the Touch! - Climb the Spiked Column in Hades without taking damage
- I'll Take the Physical Challenge - Complete the Challenge of the Gods
- Speed of Jason McDonald - Beat the game in under 5 hours on any Difficulty
- Key to Success - Collect all of the Muse Keys
- Trophy of Zeus - Unlock all God of War Trophies
GOD OF WAR II
- Breaking Wind - Acquire Typhon's Bane
- Big, Tuff, Buff and Rough - Acquire Rage of the Titans
- Blue Balls - Acquire Cronos' Rage
- Shiner - Acquire the Golden Fleece
- Rock their World - Acquire the Head of Euryale
- Learning to Fly - Acquire the Icarus Wings
- Shaky Ground - Acquire Atlas Quake
- Death from Above 2009 - Defeat the Dark Rider for the first time
- Resurrection - Climb from the pit of Hades
- Rock Hard - Defeat the Titan Minotaur inside Atlas
- Pick'n on the Little Guy - Win the battle outside of the Palace of the Fates
- Watcha Got on the Hot Plate? - Solve the riddle of the Fire Phoenix Statue
- Whip it Good - Whip the Steeds of Time
- Lift with Your Knees - Topple the Temple in the Bog of the Forgotten
- Swinger - Cross the collapsing Grapple Bridge
- Stoner - Stone and Shatter 30 Enemies
- Super Sized - Get a 500 Hits Combo
- Hitting Your Stride - Power up any item
- Eye Can't Believe it - Collect all the Gorgon Eyes
- Go Make a Pillow! - Collect all the Phoenix Feathers
- Eye Sore - Collect 20 Cyclops Eyes
- Boss Batch 1 - Kill the Colossus of Rhodes, the Dark Rider, and Theseus
- Boss Batch 2 - Kill the Barbarian King, Euryale, and Perseus
- Boss Batch 3 - Kill the Kraken and all three Sisters of Fate
- Daddy Issues - Defeat Zeus
- Rise and SHINE - Awaken the Phoenix
- Spread 'Em - Open the wings of the Temple of the Fates
- Shine King - Open the door to the Temple of Euryale
- Blowin' Your Wad - Max out all Weapons and Magic
- The End Begins - Beat the Game on any Difficulty
- Feel the Urn - Collect and use at least 2 Urns of Power
- Bleeding Thumbs - Beat the Challenge of the Titans
- 15 Min Fight Scene - Battle your way to the Loom Chamber in under 10 minutes
- You Know the Germans Make Good Stuff... - Collect all Uber Chests
- Trophy of Gaia - Unlock all God of War II Trophies
KABOOMMMM.. This is AWESOME, this is a console seller title, I never played god of war and read its amazing, and now in HD and I can play the 3 titles on my ps3 is just a nerdgazme. Sony is really pushing the envelop with this one. Can someone please confirm if this title will be $40 at launch? Or so I read somewhere.