Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    Seems as God of War will be using almost 100% of the GPU then i'm certain the graphics will surpass Killzone 2, especially because the Santa Monica 1st party dev team always deliver what they say they're making.

If you want proof of a good game with amazing graphics wait for Final Fantasy XIII, unless it is toned down to match the xbox 360 port, which practically has to be a bad port because of limitations.

Uncharted used 40% of the PS3's power, and Killzone only uses 60% so think of the results with 100% of the power, and at the end of the year, it will be the first time developers are fully using the gpu and cpu to their advantages.

Uncharted 2 is confirmed as going to be using 90%-100% of the PS3's power, Final Fantasy XIII will be, God of War 3 will be. You need to stop having a fanboy attude towards the 360, it has some good titles, but none will compared to the three games mentioned, and that is not being a fanboy, it's factual evidence (no offence).
    Actually i am no fanboy of the 360 i just believe the 360 if better i own both consoles and i don't play the PS3 now i got it for LBP that game is good, as every time a game comes out the hype it up and when i get it i am disappointed ie. killzone 2 looks good but no where as good as they stated also the controls are god offal and MGS4 looks good but i do think the 360 can do that its not that good (graphics, Physics, gameplay).

all my m8 have a 360 so i play that more also i prefer the online on that console due to its features voice chat (party mode) and the invite system if you want to call me a fanboy then go ahead but i own all next gen console so i have the write to say what one i prefer or i fell is the better one just like any one else does so is it wrong of me to like the 360 more i just hate sony as they hype everything up to much then when you get it you feel let down now don't get me wrong the 360 has it problems i haven't had any yet touch wood.
    Last edited by Rocky5; 04-16-2009 at 08:21 PM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by sharks View Post
    I don't care what people say. If you want mediocre graphics and fun play, just get a Wii. It's got all the casual fun you want and you can even hop or do crazy things physically while scoring points.

Anyway, PS3 spells next-gen gaming, and for some of you (a small minority with no sense of the future, stuck in your own little bubble of hate) who didn't have to sacrifice a lot to finally get an HDTV to go along nicely with the PS3, then you are totally out of your league here claiming that graphics isn't what games should be about. The first reason i bought a PS3 and not a PS2 (games still coming out on all the time on this one) was for the graphics which is the DIFFERENCE between the PS3 and other consoles. That's the whole crucial point you graphics-haters seem to miss. Killzone 2 minus the graphics would definitely not have had the same amount of worldwide success. The same goes for God of War 1 & 2 on the PS2 - these are easily the best looking game on the PS2, which explains their tremendous success in both cases.

@gygabyte666 & co. If you need to escape from the crap in life, you need help, not a PS3.

Back to the topic in discussion, for people with no life/gaming inferiority complex, the gameplay graphics did not look evolutionarily stunning in the trailer released some months ago, for a game of this gigantic magnitude, so if the developer is claiming it's going to be 25-30%, then all the better. I know, like everyone else who's been following the GoW news, that Sony isn't taking any chances with this title and it's going to be somewhat the messiah of the PS3 and the last effortless push to all undecided or other console fan boys with enough sense left to realize what they would be missing.
    Directly attacking me doesn't make your statements right. If you feel the need to directly attack over something as small and simple as a forum post then i'm afraid to inform you that possibly you are the one requiring help.

Nothing personal but you sound just like all the other spoiled rotten 12 year olds I try to play online with on GTA IV. Always have to have everything. Well until the day comes where you actually attempt to program something yourself and stop getting spoon fed like everyone owes you something, until then, I don't want to hear how your opinions are better than mine

The only thing that I can say is that maybe you skimmed most of my post. I am NOT attacking graphics by any means. I am simply stating that devs need to stop putting all their resources into making them top-priority. Yes, I would like to hope that games released on the PS3 would look a little better than those of the PS2 but that is kind of like a give me. The main point here is that read posts before you reply, it just makes you sound like a dumb ass otherwise. Clearly, people who agree with me have played something more than this so-called 'next gen' garbage we have today, and haven't been bought a PS3 by mommy and daddy.

Some of us have actually been around a long time, watching gaming evolve over the course of several years into what it is today. I just feel what is currently happening to it is doing nothing more than ruining something in life that use to be untouchable (or so was thought). I hope things prove me wrong over the course of time and that ultimately I can look back on posts like this and say to myself 'thank God that the worst never came' but i'd rather post my two cents up in the unfortunate and what appears to be, inevitable event that it actually does occur.

I'd rather be ready than not and until you can give some valid reasons behind why the changing gaming community is a good thing besides, mad graphics, ultra realism and the other load of horse crap that everyone else mentions then I just don't want to hear your mouth running at me, talking like you 'remember' the golden ages of gaming. Besides, I said it before, I am NOT against most of the new technologies and ways of gaming, just disappointed by lack of creativity. Remember, anyone can look stuff up on Wikipedia thesedays, so giving me technical BS isn't going to impress me or make your statements valid.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I don't care what people say. If you want mediocre graphics and fun play, just get a Wii. It's got all the casual fun you want and you can even hop or do crazy things physically while scoring points.
    I really don't see how a Wii is a compromise a Wii and a PS3 are almost entirely different devices, personally I would never get a Wii its a subpar console fitted with sub par hardware and a gimmick (motion sensing), which seems to be nintendo's philosophy and they make a killing doing it.

Anyway, PS3 spells next-gen gaming, and for some of you (a small minority with no sense of the future, stuck in your own little bubble of hate) who didn't have to sacrifice a lot to finally get an HDTV to go along nicely with the PS3, then you are totally out of your league here claiming that graphics isn't what games should be about. The first reason i bought a PS3 and not a PS2 (games still coming out on all the time on this one) was for the graphics which is the DIFFERENCE between the PS3 and other consoles. That's the whole crucial point you graphics-haters seem to miss. Killzone 2 minus the graphics would definitely not have had the same amount of worldwide success. The same goes for God of War 1 & 2 on the PS2 - these are easily the best looking game on the PS2, which explains their tremendous success in both cases.
    Graphics play a small part in games but they arn't the only thing that make a game successful the games you have listed above arn't only successful because of their graphics its also the gameplay and the story, it is true that Killzone 2 minus the good graphics wouldn't have been as successful, oh wait I was being sarcastic ofcourse it would have been successful its a successor to a previous game which sold enormously well. You are arguing that Graphics are the only thing that makes a game successful/unsuccessful which is a stupid argument.

@gygabyte666 & co. If you need to escape from the crap in life, you need help, not a PS3.
    Your stupidity amazes me the whole point of playing games is the ability to do things which are not possible to be done in real life, which is what gygabyte666 said.
    Back to the topic in discussion, for people with no life/gaming inferiority complex, the gameplay graphics did not look evolutionarily stunning in the trailer released some months ago, for a game of this gigantic magnitude, so if the developer is claiming it's going to be 25-30%, then all the better. I know, like everyone else who's been following the GoW news, that Sony isn't taking any chances with this title and it's going to be somewhat the messiah of the PS3 and the last effortless push to all undecided or other console fan boys with enough sense left to realize what they would be missing.
    Perhaps you should think twice before you use words like "inferiority complex" as when comparing gaming to life, gaming is definately inferior.

Console gaming will never be revolutionary the same thing can be done on PC with less effort.

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News