Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    PLease someone help, I havnt got a connection to my ps3. I will have to download all relevent files from my work p.c then tranfare. I am a complete newbie to linux but have it installed. Can someone please guide me clearly on how to get .avi files working in this way? Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    How do you play a 6gb mkv file in the ydl linux ? As were FAT32 drives are limited to 4gb files ?

Did you write it on a dual layer dvd ?

Or is it possible to access a microsoft network for other pc's in the ydl linux ?

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by djbase666 View Post
    How do you play a 6gb mkv file in the ydl linux ? As were FAT32 drives are limited to 4gb files ?

Or is it possible to access a microsoft network for other pc's in the ydl linux ?
    or an ext3 formated external hdd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hottar View Post
    The basic fbdev and cache is a good start.

Remember! When using the -vo fbdev switch it gets kinda hard to use the Linux GUI so use Esc or Q to quit playback. Having a terminal ready to kill the process. Once the file has played youre back to normal though.

Ive read that some ppl are getting x.264 HD movies to play without stuttering using gentoo linux. No guides or anything though.. Im still trying to squeeze a few more fps from x.264. If cant make it happen soon ill wait for someone else to figure it out and start concentrating on getting my PS3 to replace my xbox1 with XBMC.

Things like on-the-fly unraring while streaming from a network share. Ive done it in windows so it should even be easier in linux which has better scripting.

-Hottar
    How did you install fbdev? I know it should come with mplayer but it's not there in my mplayer's video output drivers list. best thing in mine is sdl. but i've read everywhere that fbdev is better, but where is it? if i ignore that it's not ony the drivers list and just type -vo fbdev, mplayer launches but when i open a video, i get a failed to initialize error.

Did you do anything special when you compiled mplayer? which version did you compile?
    Last edited by utrx999; 04-04-2007 at 11:41 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by djbase666 View Post

you can format a FAT32 drive to more than 4GB by using lots of software available out there.. ie.. SwissKnife V3..

..did my ext 250GB usb hdd and it works fine..

Problem with VLC, no good sound and terrible quality of my dvix movies.

Any idea to get fix it that... ?

Hi,

I have the same problem as utrx999. I want to use Hottar's "mplayer -vo fbdev -cache 8192" advice, but i also get an error message because of this fbdef thing. It works with sdl instead of fbdef, but the performance is still "not so good".

Please help me, i wanna watch some movies with a better performance.

Thx
    XaZor

Quote Originally Posted by aen147 View Post
    you can format a FAT32 drive to more than 4GB by using lots of software available out there.. ie.. SwissKnife V3..

..did my ext 250GB usb hdd and it works fine..
    I think he means to play files bigger than 4gb is size which Fat32 will not allow.

There is an update in linux to allow it to read NTFS hard drives, I am in the process of learning this myself.

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News