Welcome to 1UP Theater, our new weekly feature brought to you courtesy of the guys over at http://www.gamevideos.com. Every Friday we'll be rounding up the biggest, most popular, newest, and most interesting videos that have popped up on GameVideos in the last week -- both official trailers and demos and user-created material! Here's what you can watch this week by keeping your station tuned to GameVideos and 1UP: The Big Shots http://media.1up.com/media?id=3365143
http://e3.1up.com may have been crazy-busy, but 1UP and EGM head honchos Sam Kennedy and Dan Hsu still managed to grab Phil Harrison for a big 15-minute interview. They cover a whole bunch of PlayStation issues, so if you're at all wondering what's up for Sony's future, check out the video or read http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3161666.
Blizzard. http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3159435. Mr. James Mielke and Mr. Jeff Green (and a teensy bit of Mr. Sean Molloy). Go, watch, and then read our massive http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3161564.
- http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/13564 + http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/13629 -- If you thought the Wii was good at making people look like fools before, you ain't seen nothing yet. This short trailer for EA's almost-ready-for-release http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3158180 highlights gamers singing along to "Brick House". Also, you can make videos of said performance. Hillarious!
- http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/13572 -- As one of the biggest shooter franchises in existence right now and one of the most anticipated games of the year coming out of E3, http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3159064 has some lofty expectations to fulfill. This short video sample of multiplayer is a pretty sweet reminder of why we're excited, though.
- http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/13649 -- Not content with simply giving us a http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3161709, Electronic Arts also released this brand-new story-centric trailer for the still-amazing-looking http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3147565. On the one hand, the writing and voiceover stuff is all a bit corny and heavy-handed. On the other, OMFG CRYSIS SO PRETTY, etc.
- http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/13612 -- http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3156922 is the type of game we affectionately refer to as a "CUTE ATTACK ^____^"! In all honesty, we only have the vaguest clue what's going on in this boss battle from the game, but there's no escape from the insane levels of happy on display here.
- http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/13583 -- http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3150314 is a fun damned racing game, and one of the reason's why is its impressively extensive damage system for cars, fences, and pretty much everything else in the game. This vid focuses on just that, much to our unending glee.
- http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/13686 -- Graphically, the next-gen-only http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3161387 is a noticeable step up from its predecessors. Gameplay-wise, though... well, I don't want to shock anyone, but it looks like it involves slashing at large groups of enemies with your weapon over and over again.
- http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/13662 -- There's a reason (or three or four) that this indie shmup sensation made our http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3161591 list, and we think that's perfectly illustrated in this level demonstration.
- http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/13640 -- http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3145388? To hell with your brain training! We have FACE training now. I'll let this one speak for itself... in Japanese while middle-aged Japanese women slowly make their mouths wider. I'm going to have nightmares.
- http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/13542 -- We're still not 100% convinced that a portable version of God of War can live up to the thrills achieved in the first two PS2 games, but this video of the demo of http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3157271 gives us a good feeling that they're on the right track.
- http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/13587 + http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/13593 -- The latest in the Guilty Gear series returns to its hardcore fighting game roots on the Wii. This intro gives us a pretty rockin' idea of the enormous list of characters to choose from, including the just-plain-awesomely-named Sol Badguy. I wish my parents were so cool as to name me Sol Badguy. We've also got some gameplay footage of what a match in the game will look like.
- http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/13536 -- There's no denying: http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3161606 simply makes sense. This debut trailer gives us a taste of the action and the humor we can expect from this summer 2008 release.
- http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/13626 -- Just the briefest snippet of gameplay to get you Madden-ites drooling.
- http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/13658 -- It seems a little bit shady that one of the major features they're pumping for http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3158566 for the Wii is that it will have all the normal modes we'd expect from a "full" Madden game. Still, this trailer also reveals some interesting new stuff, including the addition of mini-games and a strange "Family Mode" that removes the need for the nunchuk.
- http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/13623 -- One of the original games from the minds behind http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3144308 is http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3161624 on Xbox Live Arcade. This vid shows off the full first level of the game, so you can see if it's worth your hard-earned $10.
- http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/13561 -- After seeing the latest vid for this year's iteration of the Need For Speed franchise, there's one thing we can say for sure: the game will future pretty smoke. No idea what that means for gameplay, but there it is.
- http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/13575 -- http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3153176 has two big things going for it that we can make out: the Penny Arcade license and a really freakin' long name with which to bludgeon competitors in the web-comic-cum-video-game field. The actual gameplay for this title isn't really made of the stuff that works well in trailers, but the creators thankfully recognized that and instead use this brilliant three minutes to show off what we're really looking for in a PA game: their sense of humor.
- http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/13668 -- This PlayStation Network downloadable game definitely has a unique arcade racer look going on, but we still don't know exactly what's going on in gameplay. Take a look for yourself.
- http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/13638 -- The Tomb Raider Re\Visioned series of cartoons based on Lara Croft was http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3159621, but my most eagerly anticipated episode is just now hitting. You're probably laughing at the title, but with comic book hotshot Gail Simone writing and great animation studio http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_Point_Harness drawing it up, this should actually be quite good when it debuts on August 9th. No, seriously.
- http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/13562 -- We hadn't really heard of http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3155593, but after this gorgeous 1-minute teaser, consider them on the list of games to pay very close attention to in 2008.
- http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/13660 -- http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3160082 is certainly causing some controversy, but this latest trailer shows off a couple of new city types that have us psyched. A hybrid farming community slash future city? Yes, please.
- http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/13546 -- The SOCOM series has been http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3155735 on the PSP. This vid gives a taste of the tactics you can expect from the latest installment.
- http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/13678 -- We discovered earlier today that http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3141681 for the Wii is going to include a http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3161723 in addition to the usual punching and, well, smashing. This video is the intro to that new mode and shows off the enemies players will face therein.
- http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/13617 -- For any polish it (or its trailer) lacks, WolfQuest seems to at least be pushing a rather unique online experience. With the Minnesota Zoo backing the game as an educational experience for kids, it'll be interesting to see if this one catches on.
- http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/13700 -- Apparently there's http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3161725 coming out for this obscure MMORPG thing? Whatever. Looks quite pretty, though.
The Kitchen Sink
- http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/13669 -- !!! The latest episode of everyone's favorite weekly gaming show is up and ready to rumble. This week members of the 1UP crew discuss http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3150503, http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3140558, and http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3152515. Countdown to EPISODE 100: four weeks.
- http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/13554 -- With this video, Molyneux and team finally start going into some specific details on what we can expect from the combat side of Fable 2. And in the perfect Molyneux style, he convinces us that it will be the BEST VIDEO GAME EVAR!!
- http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/13605 -- Is this feature a bullet point on the box? Perhaps it should be.
- http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/13552 -- The Milkman sits down with the Megaman. This video interview from E3 features nearly 10 minutes of these two hashing out everything from Resident Evil to Onimusha to the likelihood of a new Megaman Legends game.
- http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/13679 -- This isn't the best footage we've got of upcoming zombie FPS http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3157495, but it is brand new and live from QuakeCon.
- http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/13698 -- The creator of this parody vid gives Nintendo's Wii the new slogan "It's really confusing." So is this video in its own special way.
Thanks to http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/1up/ALLPS3/content/~3/140469858/newsStory for sharing the news with us!