Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Results 1 to 8 of 8



  1. #1
    Forum Moderator PS3 News's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    27,488
    Sponsored Links

    GameStop Promotion: Trade in a PS2, Get $100 off a PS3

    Sponsored Links
    Don't have a PS3 yet? [Register or Login to view links] has a very good promotion right now, allowing you to save $100 off the purchase of a 80GB PS3 system when you trade in your PS2 and three games, as follows:

    To get the credit, your system must include AV cables, power cable and a working DualShock 2 controller. Most PS2 games will be eligible for the promo, but they must be worth at least $2 in trade value, meaning your old copy of Madden '04 will definitely not work.

    Considering the cost of a new PS2 is now $100, this is quite possibly the best deal you'll be able to get on selling your old and busted system.

    With Uncharted 2, MAG, Heavy Rain and a number of PS3 exclusives in the pipeline, now might be the time to jump in... unless you're waiting for that still-elusive price drop.


    More PlayStation 3 News...

  2. #2
    Registered User nickbeans2009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4
    Sponsored Links

    when does it end

    Sponsored Links
    cool there was a place around here running the same type of deal..

    do you know when the playstation 4 is going to come out?
    Last edited by nickbeans2009; 04-28-2009 at 05:20 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  3. #3
    Contributor D3M0N2009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    233
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbeans2009 View Post
    cool there was a place around here running the same type of deal..

    do you know when the playstation 4 is going to come out?
    No one knows when the PS4 is gonna come out im thinking it will be around 2011-2012.

  4. #4
    Registered User ElRezzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I think this finally will make me pull the trigger on buying a new PS3.

  5. #5
    Registered User csmcdem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2
    This is probably the best deal around for ps3. The only bad part is the 80gb can't play ps2 games (AFAIK).

  6. #6
    Senior Member Kraken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    944
    They should have a deal where you can trade in a PS3 for 20 PS2 games. I'd jump on that. Unlike the PS3, the PS2 has games worth playing, and I know I would never trade my PS2 for a PS3, even if it was an even trade.

  7. #7
    Junior Member Starlight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    5,280

    Thumbs Up

    Quote Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
    They should have a deal where you can trade in a PS3 for 20 PS2 games. I'd jump on that. Unlike the PS3, the PS2 has games worth playing, and I know I would never trade my PS2 for a PS3, even if it was an even trade.
    You bet i think the same way as there is ps2 games i haven't even played yet as there are so many, and we can play backup games were as the ps3 cannot and most likely not for a while yet down the road..someday the ps3 will be nice to have but will not get rid of my v4 or v7 ps2 modded models and the v4 has a new laser in it, but the deal doesn't sound bad.

    If i had a slim ps2 i would trade that in on a ps3 but not my older ps2 models as they still work flawlessly..

  8. #8
    Senior Member shummyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    739
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    You bet i think the same way as there is ps2 games i haven't even played yet as there are so many, and we can play backup games were as the ps3 cannot and most likely not for a while yet down the road..someday the ps3 will be nice to have but will not get rid of my v4 or v7 ps2 modded models and the v4 has a new laser in it, but the deal doesn't sound bad.

    If i had a slim ps2 i would trade that in on a ps3 but not my older ps2 models as they still work flawlessly..
    I hear that.. My Version 6 (the fat model) has the Hard Drive and Memory Card mod and I love and use it all the time.

 

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News