GamePro Magazine Reveals KillZone 3 for PS3 Features 3D Effects
We've seen KillZone 3 PlayStation 3 logos and target dates in recent months, and today pictures from the latest GamePro Magazine have surfaced courtesy of Easyle alongside new KillZone 3 PS3 details- including 3D effects and a game engine with the help of Naughty Dog!
To quote: Included in the article (while I'm reading) on KillZone 3:
- Will show the Helghast have humanity left in them.
- Will have the feeling that "of being in a place far away from home, outnumbered by people who want to kill you."
- Will be like Inglorious Basterds.
- All of the characters in the screenshots are flying in.. jetpacks?!
- Will include arctic levels.
- One mission in the game involves rescuing ISA Captain Narville.
- Game is playable in 3D!
- Have to wear 3D glasses, apparently the 3D effects are "crazy."
- Combat is "unchanged from predecessor."
- Or is it? Hand to hand combat involves you "Unloading a string of different (and often brutal) attacks on stunned enemies."
- The scale is supposed to be "bigger this time."
- The Jetpacks are "surprisingly lightweight and agile, Killzone 3's jetpack is easier to maneuver compared to the sluggish incarnations of the gadget found in other games."
- New weapon called the Wasp, basically shoots a "flurry of rockets" at an enemy.
- Will show off the Helgjast culture.
- There is actually a Helghast language, which will be explored in the game.
- Will have "diverse locales."
- Have to sit in the center of the 3D tv for the 3D effects to work.
- 3D in this game is called a "Game Changer."
- Going to have "Intense Action"
- Jetpacks double as a weapon, which basically means a machine gun mounted right on top of it.
- If you shoot Helghast with jetpacks, they'll "explode like roman candles"
- To control the jetpack, you "have to activate bursts of speed in midair, propelling yourself across further distances."
- The Jetpack resembles something you'd do in platformers such as Super Mario Bros. Or Uncharted
- In one mission, you have to use the jetpack by "launching yourself from glacier to glacier"
- You'll see "a lot of" snow levels.
- Everything is more spread out in this game.
- The game looks very complete.
Anyone wishing to view the scans, go http://profile.imageshack.us/user/Korialstrasz?n=y.
I doubt they will use a different engine, it took them four years just to create the engine they used for KZ2! I think the 3D thing maybe a bit gimmicky still, as it wont be used to enhance gameplay but sounds like it will enhance some visuals.
I can't wait for this game though, I love the KZ universe!
^Naughty Dog are working with Guerrilla Games on the engine.
According to a blog on The Examiner, the third major console Killzone title is getting major attention from the Uncharted developers, and although it’s not currently clear at what level or what capacity this is, I’m hoping the Drake guys will be adding their animation expertise to an already heady brew.
It will be tweaks to the original engine that they used in KZ2 though, so it's not an entirely new engine.
Didn't Naughty Dog have Guerrila in their credits for Uncharted 2? I think it will be a case of 1st party dev's sharing knowledge on how to better utilise the PS3 power and maximise their resources, should be a good mix.
Will probably lead to KZ3 having a better co-op system an animations