Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Frogger Returns is Coming to PS3 on PlayStation Network

Sponsored Links
    Konami announced today that Frogger Returns will be hitting the PS3 on PlayStation Network and the Nintendo Wii via WiiWare.

To quote: "This modern take on the franchise adds a few power-ups (like the ability to reverse and stop time) and invincibility.

Frogger Returns promises to be "12 times the size of the original" and will also offer "local multiplayer," according to the official press release. No details on price were revealed, but Konami's aiming for a release on both WiiWare and PlayStation Network later this fall."

Press Release: El Segundo, Calif. - October 28, 2009 - Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. today announced Frogger Returns for Nintendo WiiWare and PlayStation Network. Based on the timeless arcade game, the latest iteration of Frogger delivers the addictive dodge-and-run gameplay fans know and love on an all-new platform.

In Frogger Returns, players are thrown back into the hustle and bustle of city life to guide their amphibious friend, Frogger, from the city back to his home marsh.

Frogger Returns stays true to the classic arcade gameplay style, but is enhanced with improved graphics, a new camera angle, and new levels. Streets, sewers, subways, and numerous other obstacles and enemies are in play - all for the sake of keeping Frogger away from returning home!

But Frogger isn't surrounded by just hurdles; new power-ups including time reverse, invincibility and time freeze also aid Frogger in his travels.

Frogger Returns boasts a game 12 times the size of the original, crisp 3D graphics and local multiplayer capabilities. Players can go head-to-head in timed capture-the- pad races, as well as compete with friends by showing off their best scores. With a 25-year legacy, innovative controller options and extended levels, Frogger Returns provides all players the ultimate casual and core gaming experience.

Frogger Returns will be available for download later this fall on Nintendo WiiWare and PlayStation Network. For more information, please visit [Register or Login to view links].

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    this looks terrible and if it costs $9.99 then no one will buy it, anyway i have the original game disc and can play it on my ps3 why would i buy it.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Gotta love the classic's, lol. Like who didn't have this for the Atari 2600? It's nice to see them bring them back. What's next Missile Command? Some River Raider or Defender, Berzerk, PitFall, Donkey Kong Jr.
    Last edited by ZBlacktt; 10-28-2009 at 08:14 PM

Frogger 3D was my first video game and I must say that it looks much better than this (well, the PC version at least). I was hoping that they would have re-released it with trophy support, but I suppose that would have been expecting too much.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News