Four Things Sony Can Do to Turn the Tide for the PS3 in 2009

Arstechnica feels they have the solution for Sony in order to make their PS3 more successful this year.

Their suggestions are broken down into four main areas as follows:

1) Drop the freaking price: The hard truth is, in the current economy people aren't willing to pay $400 for what is primarily a toy.

2) Let's get serious about online: What do we want? Cross-game invites. We want voice chat in all games. We want... well, we want Xbox Live on the PS3. Don't tell me that's impossible to do for free-Valve created what amounts to a PC version of Xbox Live with Steam's social features, and that doesn't cost anything.

3) Stop making us wait for Thursday: Nintendo has Monday, Microsoft releases Arcade games on Wednesday, and Sony forces everyone to wait until Thursday. PS3 owners get Rock Band songs, demos, and even games later than everyone else.

4) Remember that games are for fun: Sony wants you to know that the PS3 is a high-end, high-class piece of technology. This is a recession. People are pinching pennies, and they want to have fun.

The Wii looks fun for kids and adults, the 360 is inexpensive and features an easy to use online system for playing with your buddies, and the PS3 always comes off as a luxury item. It needs to look fun!

More PlayStation 3 News...

personally i think they should release all of their content world wide instead of releasing content in seperate regions. Basically they should have one psn store which contains all of the content from different stores. cuz i live in the uk and the european psn store is always the last to recieve content (like street fighter hd remix which i have been waiting for months to come).