Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Final Fantasy XIII to Utilize 100% of the PS3's Power

Sponsored Links
    The producer of Final Fantasy XIII Yoshinori Kitase has told Dengeki Magazine, as reported by [Register or Login to view links], that the retail version will use nearly 100% of the PS3's power.

To quote: The producer was speaking to magazine Dengeki and stated: "Doesn't the demo use about 50 percent of its power? Of course, I think the retail version will make use of nearly 100 percent."

If you didn't realize by now, the demo for the game was already completed sometime last year and as we told you yesterday and once again reiterated by Kitase, remaining time is to 'finish up the tail end of the development.'

He also revealed that their won't be any disc swap issues due to the use of Blu-Ray and the PS3's hard drive. For those who are interseted, here are some translations of the specific questions that the interviewer asked:

Interviewer: How much of the PS3's powers do you think the game will utilize at the end?

Kitase: I think around 50% for the demo version. For the final product (just before it's released), I think it will use around 100% of its powers. It is the same situation with FFVII and FFX where we fully utilized the powers of the PS1 and PS2.

Interviewer: Since the PS3 has Bluray, there shouldn't be too much trouble with storage?

Kitase: If you are talking about using a single or dual layer disc, there isn't really a problem with storage space. However, the PS3 also has a hard drive. Depends on which one you are talking about, but there's still some work to be done on the memory side of things.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    GPU or CPU? I think the GPU.. the CPU has a lot of power.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I can bet that most 360 fanboys will jump at this and start screaming "The PS3 and 360 have equal power" because by their logic if FFXIII uses 100% of the power of the Ps3 and the game is also coming to 360 then they must have equal power right?.

Well, it's too soon to tell, right now FFXIII for the Xbox 360 is still vaporware, it doesn't exist, there is no code for it, no assets made for the console, nothing. Until the PS3 version is finished we can't know the problems that S-E will face on making the port. It could be something as simple as making all of the cutscenes compressed movies as opposed to real time to try and disk space, breaking the story in over 5 DVDs or something as serious as reducing the poly count or the effects produced.

I mean, considering S-E take on promises and loyaltry they might also say that making the port takes too long and release the PS3 version in the US before the 360 or scrap the version altogether.

My point is, if the game is not even in production yet for the 360 we can't jump to conslusions and assume things that don't even exist.

I'll be curious to see how many DVDs are required to port the PS3 version over to the 360.

Banned User
    Curious enough I came across the same piece of news on another site but didn't even bother to read it... Let's see the game, or at least some screenshots and then brag about all that processing power that is used!

Actually if a game actually uses 100% resources now it's a bat thing for PS3 users!!! Why??? because games won't get any better (graphically) so no SUPER GRAPHICS from now on... Anyway all this is, is only a publicity stunt! the same as Naughty Dog's Uncharted 2... remember?? 100% use? yeah right ... then the game would run at 10 FPS/sec... at least they should say they use the maximum resources to play the game as beautiful as it is, and then show a superb screenshot!

Well you could have sloppy un-optimized programing and use 100% of the PS3's power by making it run harder then it needs to right?

Banned User

Thumbs Down

@51N15T3R: Yes, I totally agree with you on that!

Saying this kind of things just shows how immature are these spokepersons. As any programmer know you could bring even the most powerful processor on the market today with a program that only moves a ball around inside a square or use an optimized code on a P1 machine to draw the same ball in the same square 100 times faster!

Articles like this are only shallow attempts to build hype around a game/project/producer! and that is all!

from the beginning of gaming on PlayStation series there were games that we all would play again and again and again, and whenever we have extra time we would play it once more just to live the story.

for me

on PS1:
    Metal Gear
    Final Fantasy VII
    Final Fantasy VIII

PS2:
    Metal Gear 2
    Metal Gear 3
    Final Fantasy X
    Dirge of Cerberus
    GOW 1 AND 2

PS3
    Metal Gear 4 (thank god i lived up to play it, it is AWESOME!!!)
    RE 5 (well made but i guess the story is short)

god please earn us the wish of adding Final Fantasy XIII to our BEST EVER PLAYED GAMES.

what about you people what are your BEPGs?

They should release FFXIII as soon as they are done. I want to play that game already! Screw MS and their 360. Let them wait.

Well if this is true it would be a big step. Most PS3 games dont even come close to using all of the capabilities of the Cell Processor.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News