Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Final Fantasy XIII for PS3: Finally Forcing High-Definition?

Sponsored Links
    Gaming in high definition provides the best possible picture and sound quality, and allows us to play the games they were meant to be played.

The Final Fantasy series has had a long history of amazing prerendered cutscenes and equally as beautiful real time graphics.

With the wait until FFXIII launches we can't help but think how good these graphics can get. The folks over at [Register or Login to view links] ran a series of comparison shots of the Japanese demo on high end HD TV's and the good old family analogue.

The models used to compare were:

- 14 inch Sony WEGA (2000)
    - 50 inch Pioneer plasma (2006)

With about $3,600 and six years separating them it wasn't going to be hard to guess what the results would be. What was surprising however was how bad the analogue picture looked even without the comparison.

With square promising that they were working hard on making it so that text was readable on SD TV's we may have another case of unreadable text that was found in Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts and Capcoms Dead Rising.

The economy being in the state that it is, those who haven't yet purchased a HD TV may just have to settle on these blurry graphics for just a while longer... although most people that can afford a PS3 probably have an HD TV.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Not too sure about the arguement of Final Fantasy XIII forcing HD, but I do know when I got my PS3 a short time later I bought my first HDTV to experience what the one Blu-ray movie I have looks like in HD (and PS3 games, of course!)

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    sucks for people who don't have an HD tv though. I had an HD tv before I bought the ps3, so no worries here.
    Though, it would be awesome to play ffxii and GOW on a 1080p projector with a good sound system.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I find troublesome that sometimes technology just seems to move too fast, I had an HD tv that could only display 480p and 1080i, then I updraded to one that is the HD standard right now with 1080p. And now I am reading that I may have to upgrade yet again to a new TV because of all the 3D movie and game hoopla. If TVs were not 1200 dollars or more I wouldn't have much of a problem, the bright side is that with this new TVs the old ones prices will plummet so I can finally get an HD LCD for my bedroom (If the economy doesn't go further down the toilet that is).

Banned User

Just wish people use their HDTV's properly!

What is hilarious is that most people read about 1080p, HD or HD ready but they don't really understand those terms!

It wouldn't be the first time when I saw a PS3 or a Xbox 360 hooked up via SD cables! The even more hilarious part is that the person in cause was very dissapointed about the quality of the graphics! The most hilarious part (the third and last) is that he was using a 360 with COMPONENT CABLES but kept the switch to SD; when I switched the cable to HD -> you should of seen his face!

Bottom line: Only tech savy people know what HD really means, how to use it or see any difference at all!

its a good idea just for anyone to compare an sd tv against a hd tv, but this one was majorly... unfair??
    a 14" sd tv from 2000, against a 50" hd tv from 2006

im pretty sure in 2000 there was at the very least 28" or 30somethin inch tv's
    the smaller the screen is on anything the worse the quality gets

i know its just meant to be a quick comparison, and im not too bothered because iv got my hd tv for my ps3 ready and waiting for ffxiii, but they cuda made it a bit less... biased??

anyways, rant over

Quote Originally Posted by mihaiolimpiu View Post
    It wouldn't be the first time when I saw a PS3 or a Xbox 360 hooked up via SD cables!
    My neighbor bought a 60" LCD TV. It sat for months in front of the fireplace because he could not find the necessary mount (very little clearance). For gaming, he had... a Wii. For movies... a DVD player, and I'm not sure it was even progressive-scan. He was hooked up to cable, but didn't know how to do a channel search to find the unencrypted HD channels.

To paraphrase Charles Babbage, I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that would lead someone to spend that kind of money without any plan for getting actual HD content.

HD-Version would be nice!

Quote Originally Posted by sorceror View Post
    My neighbor bought a 60" LCD TV. It sat for months in front of the fireplace because he could not find the necessary mount (very little clearance). For gaming, he had... a Wii. For movies... a DVD player, and I'm not sure it was even progressive-scan. He was hooked up to cable, but didn't know how to do a channel search to find the unencrypted HD channels.

To paraphrase Charles Babbage, I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that would lead someone to spend that kind of money without any plan for getting actual HD content.
    There is a large amount of people in the same situation, then there are those that do not see the diffrence between SD and HD.

I know a guy who buys Blueray movies to watch in his PS3, but he has it hooked up via composite to a crappy 19" LCD SDTV.

Another with nice big HDTV lcd but no HD content or decent sound system or even better, they hookup only the composite or s-video connections.

And when asked why, they just don't know why it's like that, they just like the idea of having a big tv.
    They are confused and get even more confused when someone tries to explain why the picture does not look as good as it did in the stores.

Well, I recently bought me an HDTV, although it's not as big as I would like it. Then again, in my room, it would be a BIT overpowering if it were bigger. I can't wait for FFXIII and all it's HD glory!! ^__~ Also, I had a friend who did the same thing with his component cables. As before, he about dropped over when I switched it over. xD

P.S. - I tend to agree the comparison size were a little mismatched. xD;;

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News