Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Final Fantasy XIII no longer a PS3 Exclusive!

Sponsored Links
    The announcement was made earlier today that FFXIII is coming out on Xbox 360 too. In fact, it'll be a simultaneous release on both PS3 and Xbox 360 for US and Europe. Today's Square Enix E3 press conference clarified a few details.

First: Final Fantasy XIII is still a PS3-exclusive... at least in Japan. According to Kotaku, Square Enix exec Shinji Hashimoto told reporters: "I think you are right [in assuming that (the Xbox 360 version) is not coming out in Japan.]" It will only appear on Xbox 360 in English-speaking territories.

In addition, Final Fantasy XIII will release in Japan first -- and then will be localized for the international audience. That means Japanese gamers will enjoy FFXIII on PS3 long before the rest of the world will see it go multiplatform.

Hashimoto says that the Xbox 360's large install base in English territories is what led to the decision to make the game multiplatform. Because the decision was recent, there's no way of estimating how many discs the Xbox 360 version will be.

Also, Final Fantasy Versus XIII is still in development as a PS3 exclusive.

Final Fantasy XIII no longer a PS3 Exclusive!

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well this doesn't help Sony gain more of a market share when a series that has been mostly Sony exclusive for recent years will now be released on both major platforms. Sony is in need of some more good exclusive third party game. Final Fantasy could have really given people some more reasons to purchase a PS3.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelstratman View Post
    Well this doesn't help Sony gain more of a market share when a series that has been mostly Sony exclusive for recent years will now be released on both major platforms. Sony is in need of some more good exclusive third party game. Final Fantasy could have really given people some more reasons to purchase a PS3.
    Well now i dont feel that sony is rewarding our loyalty, i mean i bought a PSone just for FFVII y in the world would $ony sell out a franchise hit...? who cares if the 360 has a good market share they already have a final fantasy derivative and its exclusive?

ive been a true beliver that the PS3 will deliver exclusives.. and so far after almost 2 years.. Nothing that i could say WOW to.. Final Fantasy is that game.. always has been for $orny. and i enjoyed playing Lost odyssey, but it was 4 DVD's. Not to mention my 2 countem 2 dead 360's. i might just leave $ony in disgust of their "new" direction straight down the crapper.

Unhappy

The FinaL Fantasy serise has been a huge money maker for $ony, so i have no doubt that micr$oft did what they had to do to have it developed on X360, personally if PS3 dosent get a fair shot at Star Ocean IV, well it will be a slap in the face to all who support $ony,SE and Tri-ace for that matter. And about FF Vs XIII being exclusive... it wont be for long i bet .. sad indeed.

so microsoft bought in the FF13 license, but versus will still be exclusive.

in 2 weeks SE will announce a game that will play back the ball to sony!

why are the best games only on the ps3 ? ff... devil may cry... kingdom hearts 3.

it's not fair...

you're all blaming sony about it, complaining that they sold out a franchise, moaning that they are not rewarding us as customers.. but it wasnt down to sony, the company who make it square enix are the ones that sold out their franchise to make more money. surely your annoyance should be with square enix and not sony, they are proberly as frustrated about it as everyone else because FF would have helped them shift more consoles like mgs 4 did.

Was FFXIII ever said it would be exclusive in the first place, because I never heard of anything like that unless I'm really late on stuff.

Square Enix lost my respect... Although I will still play the Final Fantasy franchise. Their dedication to Sony was awesome, something Xbox owners could not get their hands on unless forking out the cash for the console. That's what exclusivity is all about, just like EA with the Nfl Franchise getting gamers to play your game and be proud of it.

this is microsofts doing... damn them, final fantasy was always playstation exclusive! i thought square enix could be trusted, they made me enjoy games since i was little..

and final fantasy was always THE game i wanted to throw at XBox owners when they talk about fable2 xD...

Well... its gonna be an awesome game anyways i hope!

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News