Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster Coming Soon to PS3 and PS Vita

Square Enix Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Producer Yoshinori Kitase has confirmed today that Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster is coming soon to both PS3 and PS Vita.

Below are the details, to quote: Around 10 years ago, I was given the privilege of taking on the role of Producer on FINAL FANTASY X and FINAL FANTASY X-2.

Just in time for http://east.paxsite.com/, I am excited to announce that FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster will be coming to North America this year for PlayStation 3 and PS Vita.

I invite you all to once again join Tidus and Yuna as they combat the colossal menace known as "Sin" to bring about lasting peace to the world of Spira - all in gorgeous HD!

I'd like to thank the fans for supporting FINAL FANTASY and all of our efforts throughout these many years. We'll be sharing more information and updates in the coming months, and we invite you to stay updated on all things FINAL FANTASY X and FINAL FANTASY X-2 through our http://www.finalfantasyxhd.com and http://facebook.com/OfficialFinalFantasyX.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Can't wait for this to come out. One of my favorite titles in the series, awkward laugh scene and all.

me too i already purchased 2nd Vita, for online purpose. hopefully they add online component like Persona 4 Golden.

i'll definitely support them (Sony and SE) by purchasing via PS Store

although SE is known for their laziness when releasing port like this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD.

OMG, Finally!

So guys, what's your opinion, if I have both Vita and PS3, for which platform should I buy it?

definitely ps3 to see all them amazing graphics on a bigger screen full capability of seeing the remastered version you know

Actually, there's a new video on their home page, check it out.

I'm leaning towards Vita version - this is a plain and simple HD remaster. Nothing so shocking to play on big screen. I'm currently playing Persona 4 Golden remaster on Vita and still enjoying it more than I was on the big screen playing on PS2.

So, in my opinion - last gen remasters should be on portable consoles. The only draw back stoping me from shelving money for Vita version - is on PS3 it is on single disk, but for vita I had to buy 2 cartridges... aggghh!