Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well, it's definitely not too soon since the PS3 is out in the US. Ideally it's good to have a site already established prior to the 'boom' of the console so that when search engines, etc pick up new users they will be able to find us and so on.

As for the PS3 info and name change, PS3News.com is it actually. Until PS4 in 7-10 years... then it will be PS4News.com HEHE. We will still cover other consoles as we always have (sponsors often want us to plug non-PS3 products, etc so we always try to accomodate them) but as you said, in coming months our primary focus will likely be in PS3 stuff. Thanks for the feedback too- Thumbs Up for you!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3News View Post

- PS3 (General) Chat
    - PS3 iSO Image Chat (File lists and sizes, etc- no warez of course)
    - PS3 Linux Chat
    - PS3 On-Line Gaming (Clan) Chat
    - PS3 Tutorial Chat
    That looks good to start with. I would change the ISO Image Chat to Specific Game (like the PSP section) for now. Just my $0.02.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The scene isnt in full swing yet but I think PS3 Linux forums especially are a good idea. Definetly need tutorials on Linux for n00bs, How to install/run xxx emulator etc

Banned User
    Im gunna second the linux idea, i hav tons of linux questions myself, but maybe get more specific? maybe make a yellow dog page and a fedora (Since fedora seems the other popular choice) page... specifics to make it easy to find answers so people dont make the same thread ovr n over... also, maybe a way 2 keep up on what the firmware updates do, idk, im sure ill post more if i think of it... OOO, i know, maybe A game save file thread, so lazy people who dont want to beat games can get unlockables (like a socom game)

I think for now:

PS3 general chat
    PS3 linux/homebrew chat

Once a mod/exploit/hack is released, then it can be expanded, but its useless to have a section dedicated to say ISO releases when as of yet, none are playable by the general person.

Tutorials would be stickied in the appropriate forum (like they are in 360 chat).

A general linux forum is perfect for now, but with all of the different versions of linux the forum should be broken down to specific versions which can be run off the ps3.

- Linux General Chat
    - Debian Linux Chat
    - Fedora Linux Chat
    - Gentoo Linux Chat

getting too specific with which versions of Linux and other OS to go on the PS3 isn't nearly as important as the main reason we all bought the system to begin with - for GAMING!!! i haven't seen anyone say anything about having a section for games yet, and that's what i would like to see the most! what games are available, who has which games, their own reviews, easter eggs (so cool about the R:FOM garden gnomes!), likes / dislikes, etc....

also, since there's a sticky up already for Blu-Ray media, might as well make the Blu-Ray aspect of the PS3 highlighted - which movies are available and what not.... considering this is a site for video game systems and not music / movies, this section isn't really all that important - but since you have world news broadcasts, it may be important to some! especially those who download eight days a week!!! hah....

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by GarciaM25 View Post
    getting too specific with which versions of Linux and other OS to go on the PS3 isn't nearly as important as the main reason we all bought the system to begin with - for GAMING!!! i haven't seen anyone say anything about having a section for games yet, and that's what i would like to see the most! what games are available, who has which games, their own reviews, easter eggs (so cool about the R:FOM garden gnomes!), likes / dislikes, etc....
    This is going to be our #1 focus in January, 2007 actually. Getting more in tune with PS3 GAMING, specifically in the Site News with lots of PS3 news, reviews, etc. As a PS3 owner myself, these types of things interest me since the console itself is so new... which is why, for example, we'll still link to the latest PSP files daily but won't likely spend as much time posting actual news on each. Then, by the time the PS3 launches in EUR we should be running on all cylinders with PS3 coverage to make PS3News.com an excellent resource for all things 'PS3'.

Well now that I finally feel back into the scene again (Since I just got a PS3) let me make an old timers point of view.

Personally I think less is more. So my suggestion would be to currently have 3 ps3 sections:

PS3 - Games
    PS3 - Linux
    PS3 - Other

Games - would be just that. Reveiws, easter eggs, etc of specific games. Keeping threads limited to 1 per game.

Linux - Just that questions about Linux. Which probably will be a popular thread since many people (including myself) have limited or no experience with Linux. Actually I would have zero but CJPC gives me tips from time to time.

Other - would be questions, problems, etc not related to the other 2 Sections. Maybe you call this one Chat but you get the idea. No reviews, nor linux questions directed there.

Just 1 old man's view..

Murd0ck

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News