Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Fedora 5 corrupt ?

Sponsored Links
    i am trying to install FC5 on my PS3. Its seems that installation begins fine but its stops after a while. This is part what its saying:

Warning: libgcc-4.1.0-3.ppc.rpm:Header v3 DSA signature: NOKEY, Key id 4f2abfd2
    Setup-2.5.49-1.noarch.rpm: not an rpm package (or package manifest)
    Fedora Core install failed

and it will eject the dvd. Do i have a bad dvd or there is something else? BTW, i only did a quick format to the PS3 HDD.

thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Have you tried to run scan on your installation disk (or jsut try to coppy the whole contecnt to the hard drive) in your PC to see if it's readable?

Try to burn the disk again - preferably o different medium and on lower speed and activate the Verify option in your burning software.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    @ grandpaHomer
    i already did that my friend. i burt 2 dvds at x2 and same problem, and dvd are both readable. i can see all folders typical of Fedora and even the rpms inside.

i am downloading from other source now. i have also the cd version, can i install this? or i need a different bootloader ?

cheers

I'm not sure about the CD version ...

What type and make of DVD media are you using and what make and model of DVD burner?

Sometimes some media might be OK on PC and not "good enough" for PS3 - I have same problem with my first Linux installation on PS3 and I've simply used another brand of DVD-R and all was fine then.

well, i took your advise and still no joy. i redonwloaded FC5 from another source, and burned it on different media, but still stops at the same point. (re media / burner, i have 2 burners both poineer but different models, media assuming is right cause my ps2 backups work fine.) right now i am doing a full format my 60gig hdd. if this does not cure my problem i think there is something wrong with kboot and PS3 firmware. any ideas greatly appreciated..

cheers

What version of firmware are you running on your PS3?

firmware version is 1.6. still stuck at the same point even after a 3 hour format.

This is REALLY weird ... What about your otheros files - are they OK?

I remeber that when I was installing Fedora 5 I've got a couple of error messages as well but it continued and installed eventually. (I think it was just due to the cheap / bad DVD media).

I'd say - try to install YDL5 - just to see if it's a "generic" problem or only specific to Fedora.

it stops at the very beinging. Fedora seems to be able to do 2 partions (as normally does on Pc) and it begins extracting. its give an error as soon as it tries to write (i think on hdd) and continues to the next step, where it ejects the dvd when it sees that the Setup-2.5.49-1.noarch.rpm is not a rpm.

i installed also the new PS3 ver now, its 1.7. i am very frustrated with this guys, cause i am not a linux expert but i have 2 PCs running this OS for nearly a year now.

Re YD, i still got it as an iso. i did not burned it cause i dont own an HDTV. I read that it cannot run on normal TVs is that right? or can i install YD without the GUI ? i will try to set the resolution later.

Lightbulb

Have you've followed this FC5 install guide ... ?

And yes - you can install the YDL5 on non-HD telly ... Select the text install at kboot prompt (using TAB key).

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News