Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Famitsu Reveals R-Type 3D is Coming Exclusively to PS3

Sponsored Links
    According to the latest Famitsu Magazine, R-Type 3D is coming exclusively to the PS3 console.

It appears that R-Type Final is indeed not the last in the series, according to distantmantra commenting on the latest Famitsu issue at [Register or Login to view links]: "There's something about a PS3 exclusive (?) R-Type 3D, and 3D Dot Game Heroes got 8/8/7/7."

For those unaware, R-Type is a side scrolling shoot-em-up arcade game produced by Irem. The player controls a space fighter named "Arrowhead" to defend humanity against a mysterious but powerful alien life-form known as "Bydo", which was later discovered to be not entirely alien in origin.

To quote from Examiner.com (linked above): "It is unknown whether the "3D" in title means that the game will take place in a 3D plane or whether it would be in a 2D plane with 3D graphics (a la R-Type Delta)."

More details to come as they are available!

Famitsu Reveals R-Type 3D is Coming Exclusively to PS3

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    R-type for me was a 2d classic game and should remain so. Some games should be left the way thy are, maybe a slight tweek in the way the did SF4 may work.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by darksyde View Post
    R-type for me was a 2d classic game and should remain so. Some games should be left the way thy are, maybe a slight tweek in the way the did SF4 may work.
    SF4 wasnt a slight tweak.... was it?

I want more remakes but really only for the ps2 games. They could benefit from some update graphics trophies etc. Older games are harder to translate

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News