Fallout 3 PS3 Downloadable Content Schedule for PSN
Today Bethesda Softworks Production Director Ashley Cheng has announced the Fallout 3 PS3 Downloadable Content schedule for PSN, as follows:
We're excited and eager to bring Fallout 3 DLC to PSN. Unfortunately, the content is going to be releasing later than originally expected. Our DLC expands on the original game tremendously - each DLC offering 4-6 hours of additional content - and is no trivial undertaking. Here's a brief look at the DLC you'll be able to play.
- Operation: Anchorage (pictured above) - Enter a military simulation and fight in one of the greatest battles of the Fallout universe - the liberation of Anchorage, Alaska from its Chinese Communist invaders.
- The Pitt (pictured below) - Journey to the industrial raider town called The Pitt, located in the remains of Pittsburgh and choose sides in the battle between the slaves and the slavers.
- Broken Steel (pictured below) - Join the ranks of the Brotherhood of Steel and rid the Capital Wasteland of the Enclave remnants once and for all. Continues the adventure past the main quest and raises the game's level cap to 30.
- Point Lookout - Explore a massive new swampland area filled with new quests and content.
- Mothership Zeta - The aliens have returned, and they're pissed. Experience an alien abduction first hand and find out if you're tough enough to survive.
What can you expect from our DLC?
- More Fallout 3 Goodness - More weapons, more creatures, more armor and outfits, more characters to interact with, and more loot. You'll find all of these within the unique new locations of Broken Steel, Operation: Anchorage, The Pitt, Point Lookout, and Mothership Zeta.
- DLC Trophies - Did I mention we're supporting trophies in each DLC? This was a big priority for us and one of the reasons for the extra time needed. In the end, we think it's worth the effort to bring trophies to the DLC.
- Support for existing characters and saves - Once you've downloaded and installed the DLC, the content is accessible at anytime (once you leave Vault 101). You can play the DLC whenever you want - with one exception (see Broken Steel below).
- So when can you expect Fallout 3 DLC? We are knee deep in testing at the moment, and we're hoping to have the first DLC out by the end of September. That long? Keep in mind that not only do we need to test each DLC on PS3, we also need to test each DLC when used in conjunction with each of the other DLC, as well as all of them together, along with the entire original game.
I do have good news! We have decided that Broken Steel will be the first release since it is easily the most requested DLC from our fans. Broken Steel allows you to continue playing the game after completing the Main Quest, raises the level cap to 30, and includes 4-6 hours of additional gameplay.
It is also the one DLC that requires you to finish the Main Quest from the game to play the new content. Regardless of whether you've completed the Main Quest, the level cap will already be raised and higher level characters will begin encountering some of the new enemies in the Capital Wasteland. For the release of Broken Steel and the other DLCs, we'll release a new update for the game.
After Broken Steel, we'll be releasing Operation: Anchorage and The Pitt shortly thereafter, probably at the same time - just to get them out to you as soon as we can. After that we'll have Point Lookout and Mothership Zeta available as soon as we can, so that the wait between DLC is as short as possible. Once we release Broken Steel, we'll have a better idea when the other DLC will be coming and will let you know specifics.
We hope you enjoy Fallout 3's DLC. Thank you for your patience. They'll be here before you know it.