Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Fallout 3: GOTY Edition Canadian Save File PS3 Patch is Available

Sponsored Links
    This weekend Bethesda's Sr. Community Manager Gstaff has [Register or Login to view links] that the French Canadian save file PS3 patch for Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition is now online.

To quote: "The patch will allow the GOTY re-release of Bethesda's wasteland wandering sim to recognize save files generated by Fallout 3 sans accolades.

As a Bethesda community manager helpfully points out, your old save files will only show up if there are new saves (GOTY) present - if you only have old saves, start a new game and, you know, save.

If you have in excess of 130 save files, you'll have to delete older ones in order for the new ones to be displayed.

Oh, and one more thing: If your saves are taking a long time to load you might want to resave them and back up or remove the old ones."

For your game saves from Fallout 3 to work with Fallout 3 GOTY, make sure your versions match up.

If they don't match up (US disc to US disc, UK disc to UK disc, etc) you're going to run into compatibility issues.

English US
    Fallout 3: BLUS-30185
    Fallout 3 GOTY: BLUS-30451

French Canada
    Fallout 3: BLUS-30234
    Fallout 3 GOTY: BLUS-30455

English UK
    Fallout 3: BLES-00333
    Fallout 3 GOTY: BLES-00737

French
    Fallout 3: BLES-00334
    Fallout 3 GOTY: BLES-00738

German
    Fallout 3: BLES-00336
    Fallout 3 GOTY: BLES-00742

Spanish
    Fallout 3: BLES-00337
    Fallout 3 GOTY: BLES-00741

Italian
    Fallout 3: BLES-00335
    Fallout 3 GOTY: BLES-00740

Austria
    Fallout 3: BLES-00399
    Fallout 3 GOTY: BLES-00739

Fallout 3: GOTY Edition Canadian Save File PS3 Patch is Available

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

Does not work for me :(

Sponsored Links
    I have the UK Version of the Original FO3 and bought the GOTY while in Canada... Even after the patch and after starting and saving a new game - my old Save games don't show up... Any idea what I could do?

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by koni2009 View Post
    I have the UK Version of the Original FO3 and bought the GOTY while in Canada...
    Is the disc ID this one though? BLES-00333

If not, yours may be another region variation that has yet to have support added.

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Is the disc ID this one though? BLES-00333

If not, yours may be another region variation that has yet to have support added.
    It actually is... and the Canadian is BLUS 30455...

I'll try deleting it and reinstalling and patching right away, maybe that will help... I just don't want to play the whole Main Quest again...

Banned User
    it's hard to believe with a game such as this that "TOTALLY RELIES" on saves (and having tons of different save points) that they messed up so bad as to render the game unplayable without patching it...

blows my mind that it even took this long for the patch

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News