Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Thread: Faking a Holdup

Sponsored Links

Faking a Holdup

Sponsored Links
    November 27, 2006 - People will do anything for a PlayStation 3, including faking a robbery. On November 16, one day prior to the launch of Sony's PS3, a GameStop employee, Robert Hodge, reported that he was held up at gunpoint. Hodge and fellow employee Gerald Keys told police that the robbers had made away with several PS3s.

That appears to have been a lie. The Sacramento Bee is reporting that both men were arrested last week under suspicion of filing a false police report and stealing four PlayStation 3 consoles from their own store. Police did not reveal specifics as to why they believed the men were lying about the robbery. "Our detectives were able to gather information that wasn't consistent with a robbery," Officer Christopher Trim said.

The stolen merchandise has not been recovered. However, each PS3 has a unique barcode which may allow Sony to track the consoles if they are ever connected online.

Thanks to [Register or Login to view links] for sharing the news with us!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    too bad 4 them... i probably wouldve done the same thing if i had the chance... can u imagine the temptations... oh well i have mine and am not all that happy with it...
    Last edited by 7thChamber; 11-27-2006 at 07:41 PM Reason: mispelled a word

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    that is hilarious they prolly took em right in front of cameras lol

no way in hell is 4 ps3s worth doing time for!

PS3 Triangle Button

Some clowns will do anything for stuff like that which isn't worth the criminal recond in the end and fired from their work place..

They should have thought about it....

C'mon now, if your gonna fake it at least FAKE IT. They should've had a couple of their buddies in masks "rob" them at "gunpoint" and take the ps3's. At least they could've given something to the police to supress any suspicions. Then again, if they were this dumb to get caught they would've started laughing on camera if they had their buddies robbing them.

Look obviously nothings really worth doing time for IF U GET CAUGHT... i wouldve got someone 2 rob the place while there were closing with atleast one witness...

i mean for real i wouldve planned it out or had a friend break the window and tell him where they were so he could get in and out real quick... theres ways 2 do it...

the fake holdup happened less than 10 miles away from my house. The gamestop employees faked a holdup, and sold the ps3's online. If I remember correctly, the store manager was in on the deal as well.

Big Grin

lol i was in a real hold up at the store, i was lucky they didint take my cash and psp with 4GB memory card...thats LA for you

Quote Originally Posted by bootybank View Post
    C'mon now, if your gonna fake it at least FAKE IT. They should've had a couple of their buddies in masks "rob" them at "gunpoint" and take the ps3's. At least they could've given something to the police to supress any suspicions. Then again, if they were this dumb to get caught they would've started laughing on camera if they had their buddies robbing them.
    Yea ... they probably would have been calling each other by name ... haha

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News