Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Exclamation External HDD Problem

Sponsored Links
    Hey, I have a Cavalry 500Gb external usb/esata hdd and I have reformatted it to FAT32 using several different programs (swissknife V3, acronis disk director, fat32format) and made the following directories on the hard drive MUSIC, VIDEO, PHOTO, GAME but my PS3 doesn't recognise it.

I have also tried a 1gb usb flash drive and it works fine with the PS3.

Does anyone know what could be going wrong and why it isn't being recognised?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Are we talking about under Linux or GameOS? And how do you mean it's not being recognized? You can access but nothing shows up, PS3 never acknowledges it in any sort of way, hardware or otherwise...? Do you have it plugged in? The power, I mean.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Are your folders in the main PS3 folder of your HDD?

Quote Originally Posted by jamesb2147 View Post
    Are we talking about under Linux or GameOS? And how do you mean it's not being recognized? You can access but nothing shows up, PS3 never acknowledges it in any sort of way, hardware or otherwise...? Do you have it plugged in? The power, I mean.
    I'm just talking about normal GameOS and the PS3 never acknowledges it at all. Yes it has a external power souce.

Quote Originally Posted by shalina View Post
    Are your folders in the main PS3 folder of your HDD?
    Well the folders are in the root directory of the hard drive. There is nothing else on the hard drive except for the folders MUSIC VIDEO PHOTO GAME.

i am having the same issue. my ps3 isnt recognizing my hdd

could it be the firmware? idk when support came / may have been removed b/c i don't have an external. what versions are you two using?

Does anyone know if there is a max external harddrive size that can be used? could be a problem. i havent heard of one before, but i thought i would ask.

I'm using a 320gb seagate but found when I went from an old version to version 2.10 it saw the USB Device hdd there but would not see the files when pushing the X button.

I had to press the triangle button then the 'Display All' to get the folders to show up!

BJC got it right, press triangle cause the PS3 will saw it as a USB device (like an iPod)

Also, the folder for photos must be name PICTURE !!!

i tried this stuff as well, i bought a 100gb external hdd and hooked it up correctly and it still doesnt work

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News