Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Banned User
    Sponsored Links

PS3 Square Button Everything Linux

Sponsored Links
    okay, there are a few threads going on about installing stuff in linux and i thought we should make 1 thread about Linux, (Everything Linux) to start the thread off, i finally got a wired connection in my living room so i can use the web on linux. now, i went to download a .rar file and when i went to open it, YDL tells me that it cannot be opened. i went to rarlabs and downloaded winrar, and yet, i have no idea on how to install it, or even if it works with YDL? can somebody help me out with this? greatly appreciated!

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    okay, ive been trying to search around and i cant seem to find a way to make yellowdog work with a wireless connection... is it possible to make fedora or gentoo to make a wireless connection? also, do these versions of linux support flash on PS3?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    quick question regarding the guide on the main page for dumping ps3 images....on step 9 for setting up transfer via ftp, it states:
    9) Next we need to bring up the PS3 Linux side of the transfer, but before opening the integrated gFTP client in Linux FC5 we need to ensure that your eth0 is ACTIVE. To do this, boot up PS3 Linux FC5 and at THIS prompt type in service httpd start and press ENTER on your USB keyboard. You should now be at THIS screen, and simply select Ethernet followed by entering eth0 for both the Name and Device as shown HERE along with selecting/enabling Use DHCP. Once you press ENTER for "OK" you will be back to THIS screen so select Exit and press ENTER.
    now, when i do this on my machine, the green [ok] comes up, but nothing happens it just brings back up the cursor for [root@localhost ~]# _ and thats it, a blank.

does anyone know why this might be happening?

nevermind...i figured it out.

what i did was, i went ahead and loaded up the startx. went to the network settings area, and added a new network connection. once i did that, set active, rebooted, i was able to continue on with the instructions with no problems. also, i am using a program called Winftp as my client side app for xp.

Quote Originally Posted by Spunks3 View Post
    okay, ive been trying to search around and i cant seem to find a way to make yellowdog work with a wireless connection... is it possible to make fedora or gentoo to make a wireless connection? also, do these versions of linux support flash on PS3?
    NO Wireless is not support at the moment. That was stated on the YD website.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdude View Post
    I installed Fedora 5. It is pretty cool. I am a computer tech/IT Manager in the real world and didn't know anything about linux. So have a ps3 with it might help me learn a little bit.

Anyway, I am curious if you can change the resolution. If so I'm also curious if I should. Unfortunately I only have a 61" Sony 4:3 SDTV. I don't know if changing the resolution would make it any better or not. The reason I'm wanting to change the resolution is because when I open Firefox, it is so big. I couldn't imagine surfing the net comfortably with it so big. It looks like if you had a 17" monitor using 640x480 in WinXP. So, like in XP, is it possible to change the resolution to make everything smaller?... and possibly sharper?

Thanks!
    Doug
    [Register or Login to view links]

You can only use a resolution your TV supports. If you have an SDTV (no component connections) than more than likely you can only use the 480i video mode, which is the lowest resolution. If you find that you do have component connections in the back of your TV, play with the modes using the command "ps3videomode -v #" where # represents a resolution. Check the link above for the list and more details.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News