Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Emulation Explosion on Sony's PS3 Console via Linux!

Sponsored Links
    To quote, courtesy of Slashdot (linked above) today: The PlayStation 3 has recently seen an explosion of releases of emulators and games for the [Register or Login to view links] distro on Sony's PS3 console.

Once you have installed Yellow Dog Linux you then have the ability to try out numerous applications and emulators including MAME, SNES, Amiga, Dos, Commodore and Atari emulators (that's the tip of the iceberg) and such games as Quake 2, Duke Nukem 3D, Hexen 2 and Alephone.

Some direct-download links are below, and be sure to check ps3bodega61's [Register or Login to view links], [Register or Login to view links], and [Register or Login to view links] for lots more!

Here are direct downloads links to some of them for those interested:

DosBox: [Register or Login to view links]

Quake 2: [Register or Login to view links]

68k Macintosh Emulator: [Register or Login to view links]

Power Macintosh Emulator: [Register or Login to view links]

SCUMMVM: [Register or Login to view links]

Atari 800: [Register or Login to view links]

Atari 2600: [Register or Login to view links]

AlephOne: [Register or Login to view links]

Duke 3D: [Register or Login to view links]

Neo-Geo: [Register or Login to view links]

Hexen 2: [Register or Login to view links]

Amiga: [Register or Login to view links]

C-64/128/VIC-20: [Register or Login to view links]

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    What about N64 emulators?
    I'm still looking forward to be able to play Oarina Of time. And if possible with the sixaxis controller

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It's possible. I did it with my PS3 but honestly I cannot remember the emulator that I used. I believe it was Mupen64 or Mupen64Plus.

n64 even playable?

i can barely get snes to run at a decent frame-rate, i couldn't imagine n64. not without access to the gpu

Banned User

Snes KTK

Using Snes GTK 1.51 games are very playable 25-30FPS even in 720p fullscreen! Just change your emulator!

Thnx love Duke Nukem on my PS3

Quote Originally Posted by TopDogElec View Post
    It's possible. I did it with my PS3 but honestly I cannot remember the emulator that I used. I believe it was Mupen64 or Mupen64Plus.
    Sony put out a patch so that the PS3 in Linux can no longer access the RSX (the PS3s GPU) therefore its no longer possible. But I dont remember it being possible in the first place but tbh I didnt really look into N64 emulation.

Back to the topic: This is really nice, I'll have to check these out once I have YDL

I've been running a lot of games and emu's on my YDL 6.1 w/Fluxbox with out much problems. Go to the official YDL forums or ps3bodega forums. There are a lot of helpful Linux users there to help you out.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News